Weird popping whenever I turn on my car

I have this weird popping sometimes when I turn on my car (even with my volume set to 0) and when I look back at my amps the Rockford Punch 4 channel flashes its input clipping light once or twice. 

Head Unit: 80 PRS (Active setup) - Internal Amp is set to off / Eq is flat

RCAs: Rockford Fosgate 20 ft (3 pairs) 

Car: Honda Civic Coupe 2008

Amps: DC 2k / Rockford Fosgate P600x4

All gains set with DD-1

The only thing I can think that could be causing an issue is either something with the head unit or the place I am using for my remote lead. I am hooked into the in cab fuse block onto a fuse that only puts out power with ignition via an add a circuit. The remote wire is 18/16 gauge.

Should I be worried about this popping / signal clipping? It only happens when I start the car never when I am playing music or go to turn the car off.

Another thing I think it could be is somehow my head unit is connected to the speaker/chime that is for my turn blinker, seat belt warning, etc. 

Anyone have similar issue or tips on diagnosing this? Cheers

Well what makes you think the head unit is connected to the chimes ect? That would be odd considering you have an active front stage, i dont think thats the case. 

Personally, i would move the remote wire over to the 80prs and check again, if same issue then check wiring to 4 channel

Its possible your current accessory source turns on before the 80prs, this can cause a pop with certain amps.

'08 Civic deck is not connected to anything operational in the vehicle so you can eliminate whatever that thought was.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

4 hours ago, reedal said:

https://ceautoelectricsupply.com/car-audio-products/turn-on-relay-kits/

you can always try putting a relay on remote turn-ons.... :)

This^^^

It's what I've always done

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

17 hours ago, slowfkncar said:

Well what makes you think the head unit is connected to the chimes ect? That would be odd considering you have an active front stage, i dont think thats the case. 

Personally, i would move the remote wire over to the 80prs and check again, if same issue then check wiring to 4 channel

Its possible your current accessory source turns on before the 80prs, this can cause a pop with certain amps.

When I was tuning the car I had all speaker wires disconnected, but the head unit still had sound when browsing through the menus. I think the case is what you mention, that the amps are turning on before the head unit creating the pop/signal clip.

9 hours ago, reedal said:

you can always try putting a relay on remote turn-ons.... :)

I considered a relay but decided to not use one because I have only two amps.

I'm going to switch over from using the interior fuse block to the head units turn on lead and see if that works.

Thanks for the replies guys.

1 hour ago, Joshdashef said:

When I was tuning the car I had all speaker wires disconnected, but the head unit still had sound when browsing through the menus. I think the case is what you mention, that the amps are turning on before the head unit creating the pop/signal clip.

I considered a relay but decided to not use one because I have only two amps.

I'm going to switch over from using the interior fuse block to the head units turn on lead and see if that works.

Thanks for the replies guys.

The 80prs has a small piezo speaker built into the head unit, thats were the beeping is from. 

If installed correctly, Your amplifiers should not be turning on before your head unit is ready for them ... I'd recheck your wiring. Installing a relay will only entisify the pop.

Just verify before anything that your amplifier turn on is connected correctly to your head unit. This would be my first observation. hope it helps.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived