Check out the SMD Store @ WcCarAudio.com!

Sign in to follow this  
Ron36

Need alittle help from big wheel guys

Got a 2018 F150 stock 275/55R20 , been looking at 24’s because don’t know if 22’s will even look bigger , 24’s are 285/40R24 tires so bigger then the 35’s most come with . I drive this truck on fridays and in the summer, winter will put stock wheels back on. My question is will it ride way different then stock and like shit , the 22’s come with a 45mm sidewall so should I just stick with that   Is 40 to 45 that much different. Price wise from 22’s to 24’s is a grand but I really like the look o of the 24’s.

Usually a rule of thumb, is the less sidewall, less flex.  It can be a night and day difference.

Yes smaller sidewall usually means rougher ride. I have a 2016 silverado. Started out with 20s. Went to 17s. Then went to 22s. I had the 22s on for maybe a month and sold them because i hated the ride.  

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

My buddy has a wheel and tire business.....can get any wheel/tire combo at wholesale or below wholesale....in other words...cost is not a factor.....and he never goes above the biggest wheel/tire combo that comes from the factory for that vehicle.

My/his 2 cents.

Oversized wheels/tires wreak havoc on stock brakes too.

A lot of it has to do wirh tire choice too, some have way softer sidewalls than others and give you a way better ride.