Sonic Electronix

Need a Jasper jig badly, but..... :(

.....its just freaking killing me that that stupid little piece of plastic with holes in it, is going for $45 ef'ing dollars ! R U Ef'ing kidding me ? Come on man... The plastic in that thing must be like less than .50 cents :( They must be making a 10,000% profit ! I really need one, but I just can't allow myself to be bent over like that. You can get cheap(er) knockoffs from China... like $13 to $16, so only like a 3000% profit, right ? ....but all of those options will take 3 to 4 weeks. 

And BTW, I don't even have a router yet.... but I can get a decent one of those, overnight with Amazon Prime for like $75-125. Only reason I haven't, is without a circle cutting jig, the router is basically useless to me :( Ef'ing killing me :( 

Any suggestions ?

2 hours ago, CrackFactory said:

You can make your own if you're a cheap bastard like me. It's really not hard.

ZmkivN2.jpg

LvCHLR6.jpg

Awesome! Worth the 15 minutes it took to design it ND will make ya a good chunk of cash too I bet!

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

Yea well, I decided to order one of the cheap Chinese knockoffs, so I will have it the next time. Honestly I don't think they are even worth $13... Nor the 3 week wait.

But for my next box (next week) I'm just going to use a stick with a screw on both ends... To etch my circle, and the old jig saw to cut it. Yea, it will be freaking scalloped, but whatever. It will work just the same.

Won't need to buy a router right now either. But heck, if that piece of plastic cost $45, you'd think a router would cost $4000.... A hundred dollars sounds like a freaking steal 🙂

Just fyi, that circle jig is designed to mount to 'plunge' routers and may not fit all standard routers. I had to modify the mounting holes a bit with my dremel to fit my Bosch router, no big deal though. Good luck and keep a steady hand on that jig saw!

You could do it on the ultra cheap. Use two screws or nails to score a circle of desired diameter into wood, then use a jig saw to cut out and clean up with some sand paper. Costs nothing if you have a jig saw and sand paper because you will eventually end up with a scrap strip of mdf or something.

Archived