Second Skin Audio

Brand X custom kerf port 4 x 8" subs

AaronT

He really wants to stain it blue and I do too but for that to happen it won't be ready till middle of next week possibly next weekend because he has to wait for the stain to come in so I'm going with dark walnut .

But I really wanted it to be blue I'm almost debating on telling him to wait and just do it blue.

because in the back when all the amps are on they have blue LEDs and all my wiring on my amp rack is blue and smoke gray

This would be the exact blue.

What are you guys doing wait possibly another 4 to 10 days for a box I've been waiting for since August (not from him he had it done in ten days from time of measurement to right now. But I've been contemplating and planning it trying to find the right builder since August) or just take my second choice and colors which really isn't going to do much for the small themed I'm trying to keep

s-l400.jpg

49 minutes ago, AaronT said:

He really wants to stain it blue and I do too but for that to happen it won't be ready till middle of next week possibly next weekend because he has to wait for the stain to come in so I'm going with dark walnut .

But I really wanted it to be blue I'm almost debating on telling him to wait and just do it blue.

because in the back when all the amps are on they have blue LEDs and all my wiring on my amp rack is blue and smoke gray

This would be the exact blue.

What are you guys doing wait possibly another 4 to 10 days for a box I've been waiting for since August (not from him he had it done in ten days from time of measurement to right now. But I've been contemplating and planning it trying to find the right builder since August) or just take my second choice and colors which really isn't going to do much for the small themed I'm trying to keep

s-l400.jpg

I'd wait. What's another week or two when you end up getting exactly what you want and what you're going to be most happy with for the longevity of you slapping that box? If you go with your second choice, everytime you look at that box..... you'll know you could have had that dope blue. I don't know about you, but that would eat at me

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

I like the blue, looks very different 

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

I ended up requesting box bare wood, so u can finish it up.

Doing lacquer metal flake burnt bronze with metal flake Royal blue under costed for logos to be in blue

Not finished still clearing it.

But here's the shots where the brand x logos are

20200427_133125.jpg

20200427_133118.jpg

20200427_001522.jpg

On 4/23/2020 at 3:52 PM, AaronT said:

What was your issue with them? This is literally like the first complaint I've heard?

He send out chipped scratched up alternators.  And sometimes completely wrong alternators.  I sent 2 alternators back to him and went with ces.  Many other people I've talked to that have had the same issue.  He's careless and scratches shit

6 hours ago, AaronT said:

I ended up requesting box bare wood, so u can finish it up.

Doing lacquer metal flake burnt bronze with metal flake Royal blue under costed for logos to be in blue

Not finished still clearing it.

But here's the shots where the brand x logos are

20200427_133125.jpg

20200427_133118.jpg

20200427_001522.jpg

I think that looks way better how it is. You made a good choice on that instead of getting it all stained blue. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Archived