Second Skin Audio

screws or braid nails

doesnt matter....they are just there to hold everything together while the glue dries...if i had a brad nailer i would use it...but i dont, so i use screws..

use a good wood glue like titebond, the glue bonds the wood togtether better than nails or screws...

i likes me some audio stuff...

either use nails with woodglue and let the glue sit clamped and nailed overnight making sure you have good wood to wood contact etc,

or

predrill, glue and screw leave it clamp it if you wish wait around an hour

if your planning on using under 1000-1200 watts or so glue and nails will be ok

anymore power screws would be the better option

the bad part about screws is that not predrilling right can lead to screwing through the walls/ splitting etc

also note that too many screws greatly weakens the box i tend to think no screws closer than 2 inches from any corner

its really a preference kinda thing, but i think the consensus is predrill w/ screws

as far as type of screws, idk much about this screw vs tht screw i just pick up some 1.5'' woodscrews from home depot (orange box)

all the above is IMO of course

goodluck m8

P4Killer.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

i see this thread on here about once a month. i used to use screws, but now i bout a braid nailer/stapler and i love it i use the longest staple i can find for it i think 1 a half inchs. ive tried pulling em out after shooting them in just to see how good thay hold in and thay r pretty strong ive also put to peices of wood to together with staples and gle also another with screws and glue and after about a week tried to break em apart both seemed strong. i think the staples where stronger. i just did it for me so i could see someone else might get a diffrent result.

I nail if I have air, If I don't, I screw. Either way, it is the glue that holds the box together.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

What gauge nails 16 or 18 im gonig to get a brad nailer for my b day today.

I wish every body had beat so I wouldnt have to turn my shit down. Fosgate for life running there shit since I was 16 going on 15 years strong. Not stopping any time soon.

Could you use regular nails if you don't have an air compressor or bradgun? If so what size nails should be used?

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg