also toyotas have something called regenerative braking

meaning when you brake the braking doesnt start for a short period of time and it uses the engine power to recharge batts. (actually that might just be on the prius)

but it gives the illusion that you have no brakes

just thought id throw that out there

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

I think it is retarded that people do not have enough common sense to work through a panic situation like this. I think it's even worse that there needs to be youtube videos out to "teach" people what to do. I guess the days of thinking on your own are long gone.

I personally have had 2 experiences with this happening.

My 1st time was when I was 16. I was hotrodding around in my old Galaxie I was racing another person and when I smashed on the gas the accelerator cable broke off at the retainer spring at the carb leaving the 4bbl wide open on the old big block. Needless to say I picked up speed pretty quick. The Hurst shifter I had would not disengage the lockout with the pressure on the plates to disengage it out of drive. I quickly shut the engine off and was able to come to a stop. Anyone old enough to have an old car knows that those tanks are difficult to steer without power steering. however, everyone should also know, steering a car without PS isn't too hard when the car is moving ;)

This last time was about 6 months ago when I was with a buddy helping him bring home a new work truck. The floorboards of this thing was vinyl. So was the floormats. It was also nice of the dealer to detail everything before we picked it up.

We jumped on the fwy and were cruising along pretty good until the mat (that was super slick) moved up along the super slick floor to pin the gas petal to the floor. The floor mat wedged itself under the pedal and the brake making them both useless. My fatass tried to reach the mat to dislodge it but couldn't reach. So I put the trans in neutral and turned the key off and coasted to the side of the road.

I guess I just don't understand how people can not think quickly anymore when things go wrong.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

All kind of cars can have this problem.

American car makers needed to do something to make money ! So, they found something to hurt the n°1 selling cars in your country, and with all the medias talking....It started like that!

BTW Toyota calls back most of their new models in Europe : auris, yaris, prius,..etc saying it is just for checking.

Now, they try to take advantage on this problem.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

I've managed to get out of two of these situations- and a few on my motorcycle as well (damn dirty throttle cables)

As long as there is an "off" switch I dont see why everybody is twisting up their panties

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

i really dont see the problem...i used to never let off of WOT and i never hit or damaged anything?

besides this could be fun if i had the money id buy someones recalled car :D its like the coolest amusement ride ever.

"at any point in time you could turn into a speeding vehicle of metal death!"

:)

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

Alot of them have happend on the express way, Why don't the bring the car into the left lane and grind against the wall until it slows down... Or use the e break and regular break to slow down and run into something... Theres plenty of things they could do to stop.

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

4 FT1s

C1600.2

8 PWX 8s
ONX2.100

Audio Technix Wiring & Sound Deadener

My Youtube

Feedback

Guest DC Power Kyle

I'm ready to hop in the 2010 camry in my driveway and slam the pedal to the ground and see if it will "shift into neutral" I think it will.

Can try it in the 2007 avalon too...