Sundown Audio

rockford fosgate T2500 vs. Crescendo 3k

Dehubb

I love Fosgate, but when it comes down to it I could get 2 3KWPs for the price of 1 T2500bdcp, that's the only reason I'd take them. Why break the bank when you can get damn near the same clean RMS for less?

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

it comes down to budget, personal preference, and install.

i gave the 3kw a go, and it is a good amp that does rated without breaking the bank. it is not used in any of my personal cars. the customer service isnt bad, and the email response usually took anywhere between 24-48 hours. not bad for an audio company if you ask me.

now...this being said, i do not believe the crescendo is a better amp. even if it is warrantied at .5 ohm. ive run all of my T series amps below 1 ohm with no heat or issues. expensive? yes. but worth every dollar in my opinion. why compare a 3000watt RMS amp to 2500watt RMS amp? id look for a used T3000.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

it comes down to budget, personal preference, and install.

i gave the 3kw a go, and it is a good amp that does rated without breaking the bank. it is not used in any of my personal cars. the customer service isnt bad, and the email response usually took anywhere between 24-48 hours. not bad for an audio company if you ask me.

now...this being said, i do not believe the crescendo is a better amp. even if it is warrantied at .5 ohm. ive run all of my T series amps below 1 ohm with no heat or issues. expensive? yes. but worth every dollar in my opinion. why compare a 3000watt RMS amp to 2500watt RMS amp? id look for a used T3000.

so why do you personally think the rockford is the better amp, aside from name. same to james. i get the feelin yall have some reasons but wont say them lol

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

birthsheat means nothing

truth. unless you like running a nonreactive load. like a sub with no motor lol.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

lol i dont care if it shares every single part a sundown has. theres not one piece on non subjective information in this thread to say that a cresendo is a "better amp"

Point of that post being that no one's gonna get on here and start talking shit on Sundown. If Sundown shares the SAME board as the Sundown 3k, which has been proven a rather well assembled amplifier, then it's not just a dirty-ass power machine. Being .5 stable and warrantied is nice because if you need something to drop the resistance for burps then you have that option. Rated 3.3k @ 1-ohm, and 4k @.5 to me gives you more flexibility. I have never claimed Crescendo to be the "better amp." There is no "better amp." If you know what you are doing, you can get more power out of the Crescendo. But, who has been in the audio game considerably longer, has the better reputation at this point, and has their name slapped on a lot more pieces of car audio equipment in more cars than the other? Rockford Fosgate. Once again, i'd love to run a Fosgate amplifier, just never came close to having the budget.

If it were me, i'd choose Crescendo all over again. "Evidence" being, that I bought my amplifier, and then used my spare cash to buy my Fosgate Power Series components up front, Fosgate Power Series 3-way co-axials for rear fill, and my Hfi 100.4 to power them. If I went with Rockford, i'd still be running my Alpine type-s co-axials all around still.

My reasons:

Both built solid.

T2500 - Proven, reputation, black and silver match everything if you are OCD about hat kind of stuff.

3kwp - PRICE, warranty below 1-ohm, power, PRICE.

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

so why do you personally think the rockford is the better amp, aside from name. same to james. i get the feelin yall have some reasons but wont say them lol

lets talk from a constant power standpoint

your cresendo after rise is never going to see that 4k at half ohm load that all of you seem to put so much value in while the Rockford at even 4 ohms of rise is going to be a solid 2500 plus.

Authorized purchase.

I'll take RF warranty service over an internet companies all day long. Why, because RF takes care of thier warranties, internet companies change rules here and there warrantying this and sometimes not that. or sometimes all together saying nope not gonna warranty amps that blew straight out of the box. Numberous "internet companies" work that way. so if i have to pay a little more for something thats reliable and perhaps if it does have an issue theres no questions asked. Thats a whole lot less of headache to me.

Where they are made is just a matter of if you want a Malaysian amp or a Korean amp. Doesnt really matter in all honesty where its made as long as there is a a great company backing product. IMO Cresendo hasnt been in existance long enough for me to say they are a "great company" and in all honesty lets be real, its really not hard to call up a buildhouse with 10k and say hey i want you guys to copy this and to this and do that. been there done that. Does that really make you a great amp/companie by just xeroxing something off changing something cosmetically so you dont get sued and releasing it with a lower bottom line?

in closing those 500ish watts diff in rated power at 1ohm, are pretty much moot on the meter. I understand Price pretty much being the only reason everyones saying the Cresendo is better, but at the same time paying less for me isnt always the better road traveled.

Maybe the 3KW shares the same board as the Sundown 3000, i don't think the components used on the board are the same.

So that could already make a lot of difference, and i still haven't seen the clamping from a 3KW, i know Twistedchild420 was about to do it but something went wrong..

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

lets talk from a constant power standpoint

your cresendo after rise is never going to see that 4k at half ohm load that all of you seem to put so much value in while the Rockford at even 4 ohms of rise is going to be a solid 2500 plus.

I thought the constant-power series did the same at 1-ohm and 2-ohms, but 1500 at 4-ohms?

IMO Cresendo hasnt been in existance long enough for me to say they are a "great company" and in all honesty lets be real, its really not hard to call up a buildhouse with 10k and say hey i want you guys to copy this and to this and do that. been there done that. Does that really make you a great amp/companie by just xeroxing something off changing something cosmetically so you dont get sued and releasing it with a lower bottom line?

I can understand this point. Especially the time-frame reference. Though, how much can you really do to change up a board? I will admit that I do not know a whole lot about building boards and assembling components idea/process, but surfing around on ampguts it seems like a lot of amplifiers at this level are quite similar. Does it make much sense switching up a board entirely? Again, a lot of grey areas here...

in closing those 500ish watts diff in rated power at 1ohm, are pretty much moot on the meter. I understand Price pretty much being the only reason everyones saying the Cresendo is better, but at the same time paying less for me isnt always the better road traveled.

I can relate with you on a few things here... The only reason I would be stressing the price-point so much here really is that I actually find it a good buy. Worth the money. I placed my order, received my amplifier a week and a half later, and have been using it without a single problem for months now. Even searching online I have yet to read a bad review on the 3kwp. I have called Navid twice and got an answer twice. I may have gotten "lucky" of course, but I still haven't read much negativity as I have been searching around on what problems people may be having or what I may need to watch for... I just want somebody to clamp one of these damn things so I could get an idea of numbers.

You are correct on my reasoning though. For the money here, if the OP's budget is tight, based on personal experience, he does not have to worry about the Crescendo 3kwp.

And going back to the beginning, we don't even know if it is the constant power or not... lol

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

these threads always turn into a pissing match, the truth is they are both good amplifiers pick one and go with it. if the install is done rite you will be happy which ever way you decide to go. you can ask a hundred people there opinion and you will get a hundred different answers,so the best way to go is to do some research on the product your interested in and pick the one you think is rite for your build.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

2 DC lvl 4 15's with lvl5 dual .7 coils

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

All power runs done with Knu flex 0/1 guage

1 optima yellow top under the hood

1 XS 5100 and two Deka's in the trunk

4 Crescendo MP-8 mid bass drivers

2 DB Drive p5 5 D Pro Audio tweeters