Chickens 2002 Caddy, The Hoopty 8 18" Fi Btl + Rockford Fosgate (2) T15k Amps! UPDATES! IPAD AIR 2 In Dash page 335

not sure if it was mentioned before but what is it getting for wheels?? and yes like you said 99.9999999% of the time the nitrogen bottles look like SHIT.. even the decent looking ones would look like shit inside of the hoopty so a bottle bag is a very good idea

you have no idea, honestly I'm not saying this because Steve is one of my best friends either.( i know some people will say this) last night Bill and I chilled over at meade's pad, meade allowed us to get a hands on demo/ listening session, the farking thing is hands down the most impressive musical machine I have every had the luxury of sitting in.

we all know from video's that the bass is crazy farken loud, and the same with the mids and highs, but until you sit in it with it cranked up really listening to it, you just cant possibly imagine what its like.

we listened to the usaci sq disc first, pink panther song is fawkin awwwesome in the hoopty.... amazing IMO.... pretty sure bill was impressed to, but I don't wanna talk for him.

we had the beast rocken to some eagle's hotel california and I swear I could listen to that alllllll day, it just sounded sooo amazing, even with it cranked up you can talk to the person sitting next to you clearly ( unless it was a crazy bass note or something then u couldn't) yet to the person out side the vehicle its pure music loud as HELLL, no way could you hear what were saying lol farkin retarded stupid loud, that's no exaggeration either.

never heard one note of distortion, cone break up nothing it was just pure LOUD clean music.

its soo clean that sometimes you dont relize just how loud its turned up, I cant explain it, you just got to hear this thing if you can.

Thanks Meade for the listening session, I enoyed the hell out of that, good shit man, mad props bro.

David

I gotta say Steve's the man. handing over the controls to us for awhile was very cool. Not too often you can take music material you listen to on a regular bases and take someones ride for a test drive.

I've seen the truck many times in production and have always been impressed on the build. It was built as a streetbeater and it is that in every sense of the word. My 1st thought of seeing the front stage was one of being in a bubble of sound. I thought with all that was in the doors that the sound would just surround you from all sides. Not so the case at all.

The A pillars really take the lead in the truck along with the midbass in the doors. the rest of the door speakers seam to blend away within the cabin. Even with the "hillsdale curve" the EQ of the system wasn't lacking. It has a very tight and responsive attack to much of the music I put to it. The imaging was clearly up high on the dash. and with a little time alignment we were able to give it a much wider front stage. the midbass blended nicely with the dash to the point where you couldn't tell it was in the door. It focused nicely with the dash with no gaps.

The subs are nothing less then authoritative in the cabin but with a little tweaking of the bass know it's isn't too hard to blend them to the rest of the system while still having plenty of throttle to get nasty if need be. Nothing in the sub range was peaky what so ever. The subs are very tight and accurate.

The amps are something else. I found myself turning up the volume many times trying to find it's limits. To the point where we had the networks flashing like a disco club :D Not once could I find any distortion with in the system. the amount of headroom is amazing. It's a system you can listen at extremely loud levels with no fatigue. It is really hard to gauge just how loud it is because it is so clean

Thanks again to Steve for the drive time. I look forward to using some other material to put the hooptie through it's paces again real soon.

Bill

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

hellz ya WORD UP! my pleasure, glad you liked! Since you know more of what to look for in your test discs then i do, if you want, id like to get you in on the tuning session when i am ready :) Ill let you know when -

thanks guys! good shit :D

oh heres the video of what they are talkin about ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS3x5HVak6M

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

LOL that truck plus a stripper pole. Dam it bad enough hearing protection is needed (which doesn,t help ) But now he have to put up a wet floor sign.

SLIPPERY WHEN WET!!!! Good griff then change out the interior it be all moist from the strippers

For pete sake he already pop out some lady glass eye on youtube

YET I would like to see a video of your ride mids in high playin Tchaikovsky "1812 Overture" Your neighbor be like wow classical music unit the cannons kick in

x2 on 1812 overture! get someone on fruity loops to amplify the cannons for a little more effect and you have yourself a show!

the hoopty is looking as good as it sounds... phenomenal. i wish i could make it out to cali to see this materpiece... i supposed ill settle for hi-def youtube coverage...

you ain't been bizzy til you've been wit jizzy.

Vehicle:: 2005 Saturn Ion

Headunit:: Jensen 9312HD

Speakers:: RE SE Coaxials

Subwoofer(s):: (2) 15" RE SEs

Amplifier(s):: Audiopipe AP1500.1D

Audiopipe AP1504

Enclosure:: Sealed

Wire: KNU KONCEPTZ 1/0

Battery:: Kinetik HC600

x2 on 1812 overture! get someone on fruity loops to amplify the cannons for a little more effect and you have yourself a show!

the hoopty is looking as good as it sounds... phenomenal. i wish i could make it out to cali to see this materpiece... i supposed ill settle for hi-def youtube coverage...

x3, or even Carmina Burana. I would love to see a vid of that hoopty throwing up some classical, that would be awesome.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

So would you say this is because of the power the amps produce, or from the RF360 s , or just because of the choice in speakers. I know the obvious answer is the amps, but if you take them out of the equation, would it be possible to get that kind of volume and clarity out of several smaller amps running the same speaker setup, minus the subs of course. And if so, what would it take to power it? I am just curious because, while I would never attempt to install a door set like that , I wonder what it is that is helping to make just so over the top clear, yet insanely loud. And I know you have the channels split up with distro blocks, but what kinda wattage do you think you have being set to each comp set ? And have you heard anything else out of RF as to when the T15K technology will be put into smaller amp , that are less than 25 grand? By the way, the high quality vid really helps to let you hear the clarity( aside from the camera you used and the speakers in my comp... you can tell a difference between the two videos.

Thanks Man.

Truly amazing work. Certainly your masterpiece thus far.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

So would you say this is because of the power the amps produce, or from the RF360 s , or just because of the choice in speakers. I know the obvious answer is the amps, but if you take them out of the equation, would it be possible to get that kind of volume and clarity out of several smaller amps running the same speaker setup, minus the subs of course. And if so, what would it take to power it? I am just curious because, while I would never attempt to install a door set like that , I wonder what it is that is helping to make just so over the top clear, yet insanely loud. And I know you have the channels split up with distro blocks, but what kinda wattage do you think you have being set to each comp set ? And have you heard anything else out of RF as to when the T15K technology will be put into smaller amp , that are less than 25 grand? By the way, the high quality vid really helps to let you hear the clarity( aside from the camera you used and the speakers in my comp... you can tell a difference between the two videos.

Thanks Man.

Truly amazing work. Certainly your masterpiece thus far.

It's hard to say how much of the sound can be attributed to the amps - They do have pretty tremendous rail voltage for a full-range amplifier so they would probably have a little more oomph in terms of getting the cone to change direction which would help with SQ. I think the large voltage would help with slew rates and all the other funky technical specs of an amp that make it sound nice :)

Although I think you could get possibly better sound from other amps that's obviously not what this build is about :)

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!