Sundown Audio

Gedun XP 10000.1

stereohead69

Stetsom uses a solid "buss bar" inside the amp.

I have not had the opportunity to see the guts of a stetsom amp, I have seen several amps that use a combination of wire and bar. I would think it would be safer to use a bar in high current and high heat areas. Of course, I dont think my Audiopipe would have had a melt down if the wire had not been bundled together, of course I could be wrong. It probably wouldnt have melted if I hadnt been working it so hard with minimal air flow as well.

I am a bit concerned about the amp I just bought. The new amp is a much better design vs the AP3000 and also puts out alot more power. W/O redesigning my current system layout, the new amp will have minimal airflow ass well. Too bad it wasnt designed with cooling fans.

if you are talking about the audiopipe 3000 you do know its different than the amps in this thread? its a 2 channel amp... its 2 1500s strapped internally ...

the stetsom does indeed have a solid bar

8k.jpg

23499_1392956583655_1224380248_1178529_1588368_n1.jpg

iphone053.jpg

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

actually im pretty sure its the opposite and solid bar is more conductive.

Of course I am not an eletrical engineer and may not know WTH I am talkinga about.

Wonder where the janitor....err...I mean professor on all sciences is when you need him...

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Off topic question. I am in the process of rewiring my subs to achieve a 1.3 ohm load as in the following picture.

3_2ohm_dvc_134ohm.gif

The picture shows that I would have two wires in the same terminal, one input and one ouput leading to the second and third sub. Can I use the other set of terminals for output instead of using the same ones?

I think the answer is yes, but I am not sure if it woud effect phase.

Off topic question. I am in the process of rewiring my subs to achieve a 1.3 ohm load as in the following picture.

3_2ohm_dvc_134ohm.gif

The picture shows that I would have two wires in the same terminal, one input and one ouput leading to the second and third sub. Can I use the other set of terminals for output instead of using the same ones?

I think the answer is yes, but I am not sure if it woud effect phase.

You should have just made a new thread. This has no relation to this one.

If you're asking what I think, the answer is no.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Why isnt this guy banned yet?? :ban2::ban2::ban2::ban2:

who are you again?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived