shops you think know a little dont know anything in the end

I have learned shops are there for people who really don't know a lot and cater to them. They thrive on the bling factor and impulse buys. But having said that. When I was younger that's what I was looking for. Now that I'm older I just try to find the best shop I can buy certain things and go from there. And trust me I thought I knew a lot until I started frying shit and starting asking questions. And I have a lot of friends who I won't hook up shit for because they are never happy. Because they bring me xplode subs and dual cd players and expect to bang hard. So I say have a pro do it and see what u get.

blanket statement much.

The problem is that theres shops who are just there to snatch money from people and have no audio passion or knowledge or love of the hobby.

also in the right install, sony xplods can "bang"

I've been getting a little here and there from a local shop then last week a friend of mine was showing me his sub that they hooked up so i asked how it was wired and he didn't know then after talking we pulled it out of the box and only 1 of 2 coils were hooked up and bridged on this alpine amp. I hooked it up right so it was running both coils and he must of thought I didn't know what I was doing and took it back to shop and they unhooked the coil and now he's out of 30 dollars so they could hook up 1 coil. Just waiting for his sub to burn up :)

lol im guessing access audio lol they fucked me out of alot of money cuz i "used" to be a dumb ass

I've been getting a little here and there from a local shop then last week a friend of mine was showing me his sub that they hooked up so i asked how it was wired and he didn't know then after talking we pulled it out of the box and only 1 of 2 coils were hooked up and bridged on this alpine amp. I hooked it up right so it was running both coils and he must of thought I didn't know what I was doing and took it back to shop and they unhooked the coil and now he's out of 30 dollars so they could hook up 1 coil. Just waiting for his sub to burn up :)

lol im guessing access audio lol they fucked me out of alot of money cuz i "used" to be a dumb ass

YUP! Access is the shop that knows nothing about audio. Took one of the guys a whole day to put a cd player in this camry then girl brought it to me and a half hour later I had a cd player in it without any issues. Marks auto mart actually has audio shop tht knows a little bit but still doesn't know enough to trust opinions fully

aaaa.png

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS MUST OF BEEN BROKE"

ive worked at two different shops over the last year and ive certainly heard my share of stories about this kinda stuff. anytime i have to help a customer i do my best to answer their question. and if i dont know the answer i find an answer. i always solder doing alarms, decks, speakers and actually dmm amps when i install them. now on the other hand me and my boss are always butting heads because hes there to make money and while he has "12 years experience" i still school him on stuff. i told him once that i wanted a crescendo 3kwp and two 15 dc level 4s and then showed him the stuff and he said it wasnt good because he'd never heard of it before. but being as he has been in the game for 12 years at shops he really only has experienced mainstream equipment. the biggest reason shops dont sell brands like dc, fi, sundown is because customers havent really heard of those brands so its much harder to sell. ask anyone with a system in their car and almost all have heard of kicker and "know" jl audio is the best because the w7 costs $1k+. its ridiculous. but this is the world i work in. so i have to just work with what ive got. so im constantly selling soundstream, jl audio, kicker, and rockford stuff because thats what people know so thats what they buy. fortunately i have a passion for this industry and want to learn every aspect of it that i can and excel in every way possible. eventually i will probably have to split from working at shops because of how arrogant some people are.

my point is that not all shops are clueless to the car audio world and why things are how they are. so dont think that just cuz one is that they all are. unfortunately some of you may be stuck in places with clueless shops that dont really know or understand what they are doing. but thats what seperates us from everyone else. anyone can read an amp manual and install an amp, anyone can wire two subs together and mount them in a prefab. but we know and understand why we do what we do and that its the right way to do it. /rant

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

I can think of some LOUD as shit sealed builds....

Sigh, you missed the point entirely.

Don't mind him he's post dumping as usuall with stuff out of the blue

But honestly the shop installers most of them go by the book and ** to make the costumer happy**... If people aka noobs weren't around where would the local shops get their money from? Yes most of us on here have friends who are just straight retards and pull the "oh you think you know more then fred at amazing audio?" Or some shit like that,

so his blown woofer will make him frown and you smile and give you the right to go up to your friend and tell him in his face "TOLD YOU SO!"

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

had a guy come into my friends shop wanted to see if they could check his hifonics amp to see if its blown well before he even had a chance to hook it up to the test bench you could see the plastic shielding around the positive wire input was melted and some thing was rattling around inside it was toast he asked if he could also check the sub well the sub was a quad coil memphis mojo and he had wired it to an half ohm so my friend had to show him how to wire it up so it was 1 ohm stable so there is a story about and idiot who should have gone to a shop to have his shit installed

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

I can think of some LOUD as shit sealed builds....

Sigh, you missed the point entirely.

Don't mind him he's post dumping as usuall with stuff out of the blue

Ha ha ha ha, do you even know how to read? If so, you would easily see that post was in NO WAY post dumping. Lol

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

If this turns into an Argument I WILL lock this

The thing is OP while the shop he dealt with may have been F'd up you cant really pass judgement on all small shops being that way.. Here in my neck of the woods my buddy has a TINY shop but he does work that is 1000x as quality as Tweeter and BEST BUY etc because he actuals cares about his customer's

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Ohh hmm okay so let me get this straight, by you saying you can name some sealed builds that are loud as shit, for no reason what so ever, you just wanted to throw it in there? isn't post dumping? Shit I post dump too but only in threads that are meant to be spammed.

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Yea i can see where the OP and others come from. There are FAR to many shops that can't do shit right that just makes me face palm all day when i showed up kids with my noob setup and they had the "pros" do theres. But then again i do know some good shops like defiant audio and pulse car audio both can do great work

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

Archived