Sundown Audio
Welcome to SMD Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Crescendo Amps?

opinions? looking at 3500

17 replies to this topic

Amart88

Amart88

SMD SILVER SUPPORTING MEMBER

• SMD Silver Member

• 2,068 posts
  • Interests:Car Audio, Girls, history & collecting militaria, Trucks, Computers, Gaming, Money.....
I was seaching around for a good affordable 3-3500 watt amp and I looked at the crescendo amps. Now I heard good things about them but I heard somebody on here ranting about how they keep popping all their crescendo 2k's . Is this true? I would hope a new amp would not be prone to blowing up on me after a few months... any thoughts? or is that all misinformation.

I also looked at the AQ 3500 amps and was not sure on which one I will get. NOT TRYING TO BASH or start a VERSUS thread, Just want your thoughts on each amp from expereince. Im not sure on the price of the Crescendo 3500's yet as they just got back from SBN today.

My electrical.

270a ohio gen Alt
2 XP3000 batts
1 kinetic HC 1400
1 stock batt
All 1/0 ga multiple runs OFC Knu

Running 2 Fi n2 15's (dual 2) @ 4 cubes each ported @ 33hz Plan on running one 3500 to each SAFELY not maxxed out

NT_Hardcore

NT_Hardcore

125db

• Members
  • 278 posts
i ran a BC3500 per btl 18 with no issue. good amps and not real power hungry. iv moved up to bc5500's now tho

Dangrebel

Dangrebel

130db

• Members
  • 352 posts
Ive used a bc2000d for about 6 months now, best amp I've ever owned. They are built in the same build house as audioque amps. The price of the 3500d is 616 shipped :)
2000 gmc Sierra ext cab long bed z71 21 inch incriminator audio death penalty Crescendo bc 2000d Sound digital sd 250.2 very soon 1/0 welding cable

n8ball2013

n8ball2013

Don't blame me for your stupidity

• Super Moderator

• 30,609 posts
I've never seen anyone rant about blowing 2ks up. Show ne the user and ill bet we cam tell you why
THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!
1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab
Alpine CDA-9887
4 Digital Designs 9515
4 Orion 2500d1
Orion 8004
3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets
Dual 300 amp Iraggi Alts
8 Optima yellow tops
Second Skin
Stinger
Tsunami Wiring
A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

ALPINE408

ALPINE408

Beware of TROLLS

• SMD Gold Member

• 7,573 posts
lol @ n8

ya ive played with some of the first gen they were decent amps
Team Chat Assholes!!!!

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Miguels

Miguels

SMD SUPPORTING MEMBER

• SMD Bronze Member

• 5,069 posts

I was seaching around for a good affordable 3-3500 watt amp and I looked at the crescendo amps. Now I heard good things about them but I heard somebody on here ranting about how they keep popping all their crescendo 2k's . Is this true? I would hope a new amp would not be prone to blowing up on me after a few months... any thoughts? or is that all misinformation.

I also looked at the AQ 3500 amps and was not sure on which one I will get. NOT TRYING TO BASH or start a VERSUS thread, Just want your thoughts on each amp from expereince. Im not sure on the price of the Crescendo 3500's yet as they just got back from SBN today.

My electrical.

270a ohio gen Alt
2 XP3000 batts
1 kinetic HC 1400
1 stock batt

Running 2 Fi n2 15's (dual 2) @ 4 cubes each ported @ 33hz Plan on running one 3500 to each SAFELY not maxxed out.

(3) 3500 amps? you don't have enough batteries run 3 amps and you will be running the risk of over heating your amps

Edited by Miguels, 29 March 2012 - 08:11 AM.

wwjm

wwjm

125db

• Banned
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:Car Audio-rims-paint jobs-interior work
could i get away with putting 1 aq3500d on two dual 1ohm 12" havocs or will i be pushing it too far?

Lbox88

Lbox88

Ginger with out soul #1 aka the Gingineer

• SMD Gold Member

• 9,914 posts
2 3500's not 3. One for each N2.

My Build Log

My UBL

My Youtube Channel

PSN: Lbox88

GET TORRES BOX CALCULATOR here

Team Chatroom Assholes FTMFCSW

Posted Image

Posted Image

wwjm

wwjm

125db

• Banned
  • 138 posts
what about 1 on two dual 1ohm 12" havocs??? (aq3500d??)

CHEVY4X4BLAZER

CHEVY4X4BLAZER

I lub my 4x4 Chebby

• Members

• 2,689 posts
  • Interests:Blazers, BASS and Babes.
I believe he meant 3000 to 3500 watts

wwjm

wwjm

125db

• Banned
  • 138 posts
is anybody going to atleast acknowledge my question here i know it aint my thread but damn little help

matt14

matt14

150db

• Members

• 1,740 posts
Garage View Garage

is anybody going to atleast acknowledge my question here i know it aint my thread but damn little help

You should be good with 1 aq3500 on 2 havocs with good electrical and a good box. Maybe talk to a AA rep about some possible upgrades to the subs. ( and you could have started your own thread instead of dumping in this one)

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemead...and-bats/page-3

wwjm

wwjm

125db

• Banned
  • 138 posts
my bad but thanks i'm new at it seems like everybody is giving me a hard ass time just asking cause i'm thirsty for the knowledge what kind of upgrades?

Edited by wwjm, 29 March 2012 - 08:43 AM.

matt14

matt14

150db

• Members

• 1,740 posts
Garage View Garage
Ask them, you can let them know what your planning on running and they can let you know is there is anything availble as far as upgrades they may recomend

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemead...and-bats/page-3

wwjm

wwjm

125db

• Banned
  • 138 posts
its hard to get ahold of them folks i"ve tried several times them guys from Defiant audio can get them easy like scott is standing right there Defiant audio Delaware fastest aa moving audio store out there i"ll call them thanks!

BeatBox

BeatBox

(yಠ,ಠ)y

• 18+ All Access!
  • 7,585 posts
  • Interests:CarAudio, Drinking with friends
Garage View Garage
i have a bc5500 and have had no problems at all, i keep my voltage in the 14s at all times
thats from my experience with crescendo amps, def would buy it again

OldsBoomer

OldsBoomer

I Hit Walls

• 18+ All Access!
  • 3,468 posts
  • Interests:Boomin Cars yo!!
IIve never heard of something blow amps like that, ill bet you his setup is complete crap and also to the user saying the "price" shipped is wrong it depends on your location it wont be the same for everyone. Unless you are a dealer or sales rep please keep your "price"shipped and what you think it'll be for everyone quite as you do not know what your talking about. I love my bc 5500. And ive sold plenty of 2k'ssomething without one problem and a 3500dealer with out one bad report on the amp.

If you need prices and to order you can hit me up anytime

Posted Image
Suburban Coming Soon

Amart88

Amart88

SMD SILVER SUPPORTING MEMBER

• SMD Silver Member

• 2,068 posts
  • Interests:Car Audio, Girls, history & collecting militaria, Trucks, Computers, Gaming, Money.....

My electrical.

270a ohio gen Alt
2 XP3000 batts
1 kinetic HC 1400
1 stock batt

Running 2 Fi n2 15's (dual 2) @ 4 cubes each ported @ 33hz Plan on running one 3500 to each SAFELY not maxxed out.

(3) 3500 amps? you don't have enough batteries run 3 amps and you will be running the risk of over heating your amps

No lol. the 3 meant 3000 watt to 3500 watt. I am getting 2 3500's :P

Edited by Amart88, 31 March 2012 - 02:32 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users