Second Skin Audio

why do people put so many speaker's or sub's

pittross

but to answer the question, i do setups based on space provided, power available, and how i want my setup. since i dont compete, besides the TL testing i do, i build much more for how i want my setup to sound and look. i personally have hardons for triple sub setups, but have just finished an install with 8 12s and i have to have a balance between looks and performance. i am not someone who likes excessive results in one area.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

listen to that man^ (ray)

agreeing with this guy. listen to him about listening to the other guy lol

Honda Accord SirT + Mad sounds = Awesomeness

VTEC go BRAAAAAPPPP :P

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141261-99-accord-sirt-sq-build/

Alright well i never done the big 3 so i see in my vision my truck on fire...

Freq is really where it's at.

If you want lots of air movement, you need to be below 40hz IMO.

Unless your doin 57plus.

Now.. Say you only do a 47 but a 25...lol.. That will blow some shit around.

Old xxx truck would do a 55 at 17-30hz

Crazy feeling and 8 12's

Gary's truck does a little better with a 58 at 26hz, but with 12 15's.

Both trucks feel about the same.. Although gary's seems to toss you around in the seat a lot more.

Basically, I'd say it's easier to do retarded numbers/air movement down low with lots of cone area.

Hoopty also gets with the program for movin air.

Hell.... That truck is just plain retarded..... Not a 20hz killer.. But sure does the trick at "real world freq" ie: 30-35

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

because they have small penises and they are compensating

again, its a penis size issue...and 150 is damn impressive for an 8, burp or otherwise

you're an idiot. Dont be a broke ass hater.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Freq is really where it's at.

If you want lots of air movement, you need to be below 40hz IMO.

Unless your doin 57plus.

Now.. Say you only do a 47 but a 25...lol.. That will blow some shit around.

Old xxx truck would do a 55 at 17-30hz

Crazy feeling and 8 12's

Gary's truck does a little better with a 58 at 26hz, but with 12 15's.

Both trucks feel about the same.. Although gary's seems to toss you around in the seat a lot more.

Basically, I'd say it's easier to do retarded numbers/air movement down low with lots of cone area.

Hoopty also gets with the program for movin air.

Hell.... That truck is just plain retarded..... Not a 20hz killer.. But sure does the trick at "real world freq" ie: 30-35

-----------> Listen to this guy 8)

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

Let's face it, numbers aren't everything. If you like sub-30Hz bass and your 2 18s peak at 152 at 45Hz, then you know adding 2 more 18s might not make you meter much higher, but your lows will be more defined.

Also, just because 2 cars meter the same with different cone area doesn't mean they'd feel the same to sit in. Tuning plays a huge part. Some people just don't care about numbers and just do the setup that they want.

It's all just a hobby, and like any other hobby, it's just about what the owner prefers.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

again, its a penis size issue...and 150 is damn impressive for an 8, burp or otherwise

It is but who tunes a box to 62hz for music and gives it 4 times its rms.

right now I am doing 145.3 on 750-ish watts but I think from 30hz+ I am still doing 140.0+. Gotta go hit a TL again and write some stuff down lol. And like ray said more come area will yield better numbers across the board so musically it will get down 8)

Edit: And I believe he actually got up to a 151.1 with that 8" in the CRX

oo cool an 8 doing 150 o.o...... so? i have seen 2 pyle 12"s do a 145, numbers dont mean shit when you're playing high 40 waves. personally, my ideal setup is doing quad hair tricks, having 8 15"s walled because its just fucking cool. 150 at 45 hz really is alot different than 150 at 27 hz. no system is wrong or right, its just about preference, i just prefer the bam factor over the wow factor.

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

If i had the space/money, i would have as much cone area as possible. Personally, i wouldn't get caught up in numbers. Just movin' air and the wow factor would be satisfying to me. Just my personal tastes though.

That's how I feel.

2012 Honda Accord

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX

Archived