Sonic Electronix

you also can't go with setting up an amp to a subwoofer...you should set up the amp according to the box and head unit..good one there jl.

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

this thread made me lol..mostly because overpriced jl shit is getting destroyed by a user who likes to use the gain knob like a volume knob.

Yeah I didn't "break-in" the sub. It was working perfect the whole week except today.

My gain on the amp is not high at all, is at 10 o'clock, is there anything else besides not "breaking-in" the sub and having the gain bellow middle...thats making the sub heat up the box?

You need to set your gain(s) with an oscilloscope.

Is having the gain at 10 o'clock ALOT?

If yes, then I totally have no clue and might as well pay for someone to tune my sound.

The gain is NOT a volume and you need to set it properly to get the most out of your amplifier. If you don't do it properly you will destroy your sub.

this thread made me lol, don't go balls to the wall just yet! let that sucker break in! yet again some CVX's we installed recently got a little stinky, maybe it's the audiopipe 3000D :P

maybe. maybe its because you havent set the gains correctly. maybe its because youre feeding 1,500 watts to subs that RMS at 400 watts. balls to the walls, shouldnt matter if you know what youre doing.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

this thread made me lol, don't go balls to the wall just yet! let that sucker break in! yet again some CVX's we installed recently got a little stinky, maybe it's the audiopipe 3000D :P

maybe. maybe its because you havent set the gains correctly. maybe its because youre feeding 1,500 watts to subs that RMS at 400 watts. balls to the walls, shouldnt matter if you know what youre doing.

If this comment was directed to CVX guy, they are rated at 1000wrms I believe, just like the L7s. You may be thinking of the CVRs or CVTs.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

break in subs. i swear to god the idiots manage to congregate in one thread all the time. and it has absolutley nothing to do with stinky coils.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

This is very simple.

You have something adjusted in your system that is causing the the amp to clip. Either the amp or the head unit is the guilty party.

If your amp is adjusted properly then you are turning you H/U up to the point that it is making your amp give off dirty power.

Plain and simple YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO TURN SOMETHING DOWN.

Just because you have high end JL Audio DOES NOT mean it can be played ballz to the wall and YES you would have been better off with the Slash 1000/1 over the 500/1 because of how you are playing it, you have a better chance of blowing your sub with the 500/1 over the 1000/1.

Turn something down. it is that simple.

Yes I know why you didn't smell the woofer for the last week but to much to type.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

I think it could have been the Lil Wayne :pardon:

Do you have your subsonic filter set? I know Jeezy likes to get low and I'm assuming your prefab isn't low tuned.

My box is tuned to 35hz and yes those tunes are fucking hardcore, I am going to break in the sub then and try not to overload it.

break in subs. i swear to god the idiots manage to congregate in one thread all the time. and it has absolutley nothing to do with stinky coils.

don't mean to bother you but doesn't it have something to do with the spiders being stiff when u break them in and by that i mean loosen them up..not talking about the coils

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

yes coils dont break in. soft parts do. anyone want to buy a pipe stretcher.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived