Sonic Electronix

My bank just told me to go f*ck myself??

Wait, so eBay takes their slice even if your payment hasn't cleared yet? What about eChecks? I've had them take 2+ weeks to clear and had them bounce before... I've been on eBay since the 90's, but have no idea what their system is like now as I haven't sold anything since like 01. I'm just a little confused on how they can charge you when you haven't been paid as their end isn't complete yet. I say haven't been paid because I've had an eCheck bounce before after the waiting period.

I would never be in this situation however I would be pissed off that I'm paying eBay for their service when it isn't complete yet. That would be like paying the plumber before he fixes your drain... or is the explanation just so bad that I managed to completely confuse the issue? :pardon:

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

IDK man...bank did exactly what they were supposed to do. eBay should have given you your money.

But at the end of the day, if I only have $400 to my name, I'm not buying a damn thing except food and shelter.

Whether you want to admit it or not, you are at least partially at fault here. Your poor spending decisions just caught up with you. IMO, $60 is a small price to pay if you take this as a learning experience. Unless you have CASH don't spend it on non essentials.

E-money ain't real money. And until paypal gives you your money, you have exactly $0.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

This kid took an unnecessary bashing...real talk, he asked a question and expected some simple advice. Those of us who are of age know better but he didn't and quite frankly you guys kept saying he spent but he actually didn't he was charged for ebay fees thats not spending he sold something on ebay and they billed him for their services. Granted I agree he messed up when I sell on ebay I pay them immediately just so I don't see invoices later I hate invoices. PayPal didn't screw up they will hold large sums of money and make sure both sides are protected.

To the OP you made a mistake, take the advice from those who have been in your situation with this bank and leave, don't let it happen again, be smarter about your money and how you spend and never push your account under $100 ($50 since you're unemployed). Your account being at $21 is unacceptable because there is no cushion there. If you don't have it don't spend it plain and simple gas is not a necessity IMO when I didn't have it I just didn't drive. I found rides, walked, caught the bus, hoped on my bike or hell one time I used a razor scooter to get to school gotta do what you have to.

To those of you who went on a rampage about the kid calling him names that was uncalled for we were all that age once and we have all made mistakes no need to bitch him out because he came here to vent. Don't act like none of you have bitched about shit that don't matter, he just wanted some advice from people who know. All that needed to be said at the end of the day was make a few calls, change banks, get over it because stuff like this happens it's life. We all have been royally screwed by a company one way or the other.

Switch to a Credit Union plain and simple banks are a bunch of thieves.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Wait, so eBay takes their slice even if your payment hasn't cleared yet? What about eChecks? I've had them take 2+ weeks to clear and had them bounce before... I've been on eBay since the 90's, but have no idea what their system is like now as I haven't sold anything since like 01. I'm just a little confused on how they can charge you when you haven't been paid as their end isn't complete yet. I say haven't been paid because I've had an eCheck bounce before after the waiting period.

I would never be in this situation however I would be pissed off that I'm paying eBay for their service when it isn't complete yet. That would be like paying the plumber before he fixes your drain... or is the explanation just so bad that I managed to completely confuse the issue? :pardon:

As for the "eBay not giving you your money" part, it's not eBay that's holding the fees, it's PayPal.

It's a security system. Until you establish yourself as a "safe" buyer, PayPal holds the money until the receive word that the item paid for was delivered.

As far as eBay is concerned, you've been paid and have money.

Again, ALL of this is clearly laid out in both eBay and PayPal's terms and conditions.

You guys should learn to read them before accepting them.

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

As for the "eBay not giving you your money" part, it's not eBay that's holding the fees, it's PayPal.

It's a security system. Until you establish yourself as a "safe" buyer, PayPal holds the money until the receive word that the item paid for was delivered.

As far as eBay is concerned, you've been paid and have money.

Again, ALL of this is clearly laid out in both eBay and PayPal's terms and conditions.

You guys should learn to read them before accepting them.

I understand the idea behind it, I just thought it wasn't complete on eBay until the transaction was completed since PP and eBay work together. Also you talk as if they are different people, eBay owns PayPal so your money doesn't go anywhere nor is it a mystery on eBay's part when and if you get your money. Either which way it doesn't matter to me as I don't use it, was just curious how far it had deformed. I completely quit using it when they bought PP as they are basically double dipping.

I hope that comment about learn to read wasn't aimed at me because as I said, I haven't even used it since 01' and haven't heavily used it since 97 or 98 at the latest.

EDIT: Response sounded assish, fixorized.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

I agree that some banks are fucking stupid, like wells Fargo, my girlfriend banks there and we are both in college, she works as a waitress and has a job on campus, so her money is real tight because her rent and all that. But she puts checks into the bank and the next day she uses her card and gets an overdraft fee because the checks hadn't cleared yet, but wells Fargo had the motherfuckin money! They didn't refund the overdraft fee either. But the funny thing is she now learned she can cash the check on the spot and then hand the cashier the money and it goes right in! Makes no sense at all, they also fuck you over I you are out of the country. I'll stick to my credit union, I go in there and ask for cash out of my account and they don't even have to ask my name, they hand me my cash and I sign a paper and walk out, when I put check in the bank the clear the same day, usually within minutes! I like them a lot better.

As far as the op, I get where you are coming from dude, but we would all be liars if we said this wasn't your fault. I work in a job that is "supposed" to pay me upon receipt, that what I put on every invoice, but sometimes they take 3-4 weeks getting me my check, and although they are usually pretty big checks, it's hard to manager your money while being paid inconsistently. And yes it is the places fault that I contract, but I've learned to manage my money better to avoid any confrontation with them, it doesn't matter who's fault it is, I wouldn't want to lose them as a customer because I average $60 an hour there and only have to work 1-2 days a week to survive. Basically man you need to set up a system and don't spend pending money, no one that is taking your money gives a fuck if you have it or not! It's not their job to be patient because you got in too deep. Good luck bud I hope paypal releases your shit soon

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

so selling something on ebay is considered spending money you dont have? i understand that they charge you a fee, but if youre already selling something because you need money and they choose to hold it THEN charge you a fee how does that work out?

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

Archived