Sundown Audio

Wats the pros and cons of running tool maker dual inputs to a crescendo bc3500 or sundown 3500

mmmmmmm...NO vs treadds???

LOL what?

It depends... for a low power setup I would say negligible... but its for less resistance. Think of it as a water pipe, a wider pipe puts the water under less pressure to get where it needs to go. For those two amps it couldnt hurt, both are single inputs and for a 3500 watt amp at full tilt, the current draw is right up there for a single run of 1/0.

so basically with dual inputs i can more juice to the amps. then especially with two runs of 0 goin into the amp.

Imagine an hour glass with a 1 inch neck an another with a 2 inch neck, The sand would flow alot easier through the 2 inch neck. Which would be less resistance and make it more effcient.

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

I saw a .3 gain some see .6....more voltage amperage both better for amp....

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

He is a member here, but he uses Car Audio Classifieds and has his own section there. (hmm am I allowed to say that? Guess I'll find out?) His work is top notch and does more than just dual inputs. Pretty much anything you want.

Like so:

ec45b229.jpg

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

this isnt a VS. thread, he isnt comparing the sundown to the nendo, he is asking if he will see an increase of some sort from using dual inputs.

If you use OFC 1/0 i dont see a reason to use dual inputs unless you were going to compete. If it is just a daily system i dont think you should need them. Once you get into amps that have single inputs and do 4500+ watts, i would highly suggest them. For 3500, yes and no, it is up to you.

There are no cons to using dual inputs except needing more wire, everything else is a plus.

Edited by ChevyBoy95

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

He is a member here, but he uses Car Audio Classifieds and has his own section there. (hmm am I allowed to say that? Guess I'll find out?) His work is top notch and does more than just dual inputs. Pretty much anything you want.

Like so:

ec45b229.jpg

wat else does he make

What ever you want. You give him a good idea, and he can make it. Buss bars and all. I drew these up with MS Paint and it came out like I wanted. He is good.

this isnt a VS. thread, he isnt comparing the sundown to the nendo, he is asking if he will see an increase of some sort from using dual inputs.

If you use OFC 1/0 i dont see a reason to use dual inputs unless you were going to compete. If it is just a daily system i dont think you should need them. Once you get into amps that have single inputs and do 4500+ watts, i would highly suggest them. For 3500, yes and no, it is up to you.

There are no cons to using dual inputs except needing more wire, everything else is a plus.

Your last statement hits it right. Dual inputs won't hurt, but ensures you are getting the juice needed for power hungry amps. This is also bottle necked if you don't have the appropriate charging system...Alt, Batts, and of course the wire to back it up with.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown