Am I the only one that waxes by hand? I mean literally using my bare hands to spread the wax over the paint.

Yes

Edit: damn it ninjad

Edited by Ballen194

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
​*Upcoming* SSA Xcon 18 4th order
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's
KnuKoncepts 1/0 big 3
Shuriken BT-100 under the hood
Shuriken BT-120 in the back

i use an applier i have never seen anybody use their bare hands, i would never use a buffer though i think elbow grease does a paint good lol. do you wax it with your bare hand?

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.

do you wax it with your bare hand?

Yeah. I like to get a coconut scented paste wax a smear it on bare handed - no applicator or anything. I just like it that way - purely personal preference.

Also has the benefit of letting me feel if there is any grit being drug across the paint.

Edited by SnowDrifter

I dont wax by hand like you do however i always use an applicator pad by hand and i can tell if there is something wrong since ive been waxing vehicles and everything since i was like 7. I can even feel the slightest little dirt mark on the body when i run the pad across it and its easy to see when the wax is on it and there is a spot that is darker than the rest. I have used an orbital buffer that spins back and forth before but only to remove wax, never to apply it. I dont trust myself with the big and heavy buffer my dad has for not holding it up enough or digging into the body and waxing the paint right off. lol. My dad did that once on my moms old car and that wasnt good.

edit: If anyone cares i use nothing but meguiars for my paint cleaner, polish and carnuba wax for my vehicles. I only use the paint cleaner once a year in the spring time, the rest of the time i judge it because i put 2-3 coats of wax on the body when i do it and that is 3 times a year that i wax it. I always do it right before winter time so the snow just flies right off the vehicle when i brush it. Then i clean, sometimes polish or just jump to 2-3 coats of wax in the spring to get rid of the scratch marks the snow brushes left on the clear coat and to clean it up nice from that damn new york state road salt.

Edited by kickass audio

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

• 3 weeks later...

Never actually did it ""by hand", usually use the applicator. But, I am scared to go to any car wash and use the pressure washer or go throught the automatic $8 car washes. My truck is being repainted right now, so I may try this technique when I wax it in the future.

Yes i do mine by barehand as well... For the same reasons as SnowDrifter that it lets me feel if there is any impurities that could potentially damage the paint job....

For all you guys that REALLY like a nice finish... Look Into Crystal Glo... It blows MEGUIARS out of the water... No offense to meguiars because i used it for years but ever since my boss gave me a bottle of crystal glo to try i have never turned back lol

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌