Second Skin Audio

Sub Moves but NO Sound??

iCool247

I have two SA8 V2's one sub hits with little excursion(like always) and my other sub has a lot of excursion but you can barely hear it. Whats up with that? Shitty RCA's? I thought maybe I wired the sub wrong where the posi is in the neg and visa versa so I changed the wires around and the same thing.

'01 2DR GMC JimmyPioneer DEH-6300UBMB Quart 6.5'sSoundown Audio SA 8 V2'sMTX RT-202 GONEAudiopipe AP-1800.1D GONE

Bass-less :angry2:

Maybe the other is blown if it's excurting more than the other, and not making sound.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

actually, the one under more control is probably the one playing. Make sure you dont have a loose connection. I had one about a week ago, lost all output from about 20-35hz, quiet at 36-and up. One of the subs was max excursion while the other was at half. and the disconnected one was moving more (like a passive radiator).

edit: i re-read your post, still feel like one isnt seeing power or completely blown/tinsels are fried maybe so there is no power to it.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

i would test each coil with a dmm to see if any may be bad then check each connection at subs and amp

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

I don't know how the other one could be blown, I mean both subs are underpowered. I'm running a MTX Road Thunder 202, it puts out 150Watts.

'01 2DR GMC JimmyPioneer DEH-6300UBMB Quart 6.5'sSoundown Audio SA 8 V2'sMTX RT-202 GONEAudiopipe AP-1800.1D GONE

Bass-less :angry2:

Archived