not everyone likes the dd-1? some rude comments

How would the DD-1 hurt the protect circuit in an amp?

it wont. Not any more then scoping your amp would.

Honestly, to NOT believe in the DD-1 is to not believe in an O-scope. Our product does what a scope is supposed to do, but does it faster and more accurately. Regardless, I wouldn't mess with any shop or installer that doesn't use an O-scope in the very minimum.

Also it does it simply and cheaper than the average scope, cant beat that :)

btw Steve sorry if it seemed my last post was knocking on you, not my intention.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

the biggest issue i see here is the DD-1 doesn't put a load on an amp. so how could it go into protect? nor does a DMM or O-scope. so if there is no load and the amp goes bad i would say it was poor build quality of the amp or something was on the verge of failing in the first place from mis-use or age. i have never dealt with db-r or what ever they're called but don't they fix amps? if that is the case who is to say their repair job wasn't hack? sadly enough if D'Amore and SMD had the DD-1 UL listed it would still get complains like before McDonalds put "caution hot" on there coffee cups and people burnt themselves.

NEUMAN

I don't care what anyone says about the DD1. I like to tinker with everything and this thing goes everywhere with me to tune everyone's stereo's from home audio to car audio. lol i even took it into a Aspen Sound in Spokane Washington and tuned there amps in there demo room. they asked me what i was doing i said "I am using the SMD DD1 and making your equipment sound better" that didn't last long as one would expect. I Love SMD and D' Amora equipment. If I had the money I would own all of the products.

Just my 2 cents worth

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

http://www.stevemead...f-system-build/

2001 VW GTI with a 1.8T motor

BIG 3

Pioneer AVH-4200DVD DOUBLE DIN HEAD UNIT 6 - 4 VOLT PREOUTS

RF T1500-BDCP (running at 2 ohm)

RF T400.4

RF T1 D212 x2 (in ported box)

RF 1/0 TO 4 GAUGE distribution block x 2

all stinger wires

200a alternator (SINGER ALT)

RF T2652-S (6.5 MID BASS AND 1" TWEETS in front and rear)

KINETIC HC 800 BATTERY (Front)

KINETIC HC 1200 BATTERY (BACK)

120ft of 1/0 stinger blue and clear matt

20ft of 4 gauge stinger blue and clear matt

30ft of 8 gauge stinger blue and clear matt

100ft of 12 gauge stinger speaker wire black

I don't expect a product to be loved by everyone, that is granted. But seriously: using it is common sense. And most basslines don't have an amplitude of -1db. That is such crap.

It's more accurate than a DMM and cheaper/more portable than an o-scope. So it's fine in my book. Not sure why people hate it though

the biggest issue i see here is the DD-1 doesn't put a load on an amp. so how could it go into protect? nor does a DMM or O-scope.

All of these devices have a certain input resistance. Gotta limit the current.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

I recently read that a well respected amp person said the DD-1 was in fact causing issues with amps.

Don't know the validity of those posts since the person I saw post it want the amp person, but someone that had a conversation with him.

if that guy really did say that, then he really isn't that respectable....because a DD-1 won't break an amp any quicker then a DMM or an O-scope would. That is the most ludicris thing i have heard.

Go pick the most cheapest, flea market amp you can find. A Boss amp perhaps. And shove a DD-1 probe into it. I bet it doesn't blow. So if it doesn't blow, made of the cheapest parts there is, then what does that say about whatever amp that was that blew? I highly doubt it did FROM our product. I have never seen it EVER and sold 3,000 of them so far...not one customer called and said their amp blew.

in fact i have 100% ratings on every single transaction and after sell. Go look at the comments. Nothing but love.

This product is sold and being used in training courses all over the world. The people who don't like it are just MAD...and they can stay that way :) I am extremely happy.

If that was whoever at DB-R I would not be surprised. They were less than OK in the service section when I contacted them, I got a condescending bit about amplifier design when asking what it would cost to swap out some capacitors in my 20.1. Long story short I decided not to give them my money.

I'm gonna hate

I know Damore doesnt have time for this shit, but I personally would be interested in them doing another tutorial video refuting the claims. Its not their job to refute claims, however, their past vids have been extremely informative.....and Im basically not going to take Joe Blows claims about a product if they arent from Damore

In all reality, a video or even a dozen wouldn't matter. There will always be a large group of people who believe a product is crap because someone's name is on it.

Hell, before the DD1, you had the same amount of people who would say an O-scope was a waste, that a ddm was just as good.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)