KillaCam Posted January 18, 2013 Report Posted January 18, 2013 I agree with the others....Audis are nice to look at, but Id never own one...personally, I think all German cars are incredibly over-engineered; like they made a point to design it more difficult for no difference in outcome other than an increase in expense....stamp a "luxury" label on it and your done. Word,.. Now,. you talk an A8 !!,, shit... entire new game.. But a A4? buy a vw passat . This, they are pretty much the same car with different price tags. And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. B5 Passat Build Log
Kyblack76 Posted January 18, 2013 Report Posted January 18, 2013 I agree with the others....Audis are nice to look at, but Id never own one...personally, I think all German cars are incredibly over-engineered; like they made a point to design it more difficult for no difference in outcome other than an increase in expense....stamp a "luxury" label on it and your done. Word,.. Now,. you talk an A8 !!,, shit... entire new game.. But a A4? buy a vw passat . This, they are pretty much the same car with different price tags. You are fact.... SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Bigsix Posted January 18, 2013 Report Posted January 18, 2013 Keep the 'teg. Cheaper to maintain, you know its whole story, and are familiar with it. the a4 is a fancy, more expensive to maintain. Like N8 said, why would someone be so willing to trade you something thats nicer and newer and worth more without cash on your end or some shit? because its a rolling grenade, thats why. 1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway) - (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3.... 1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.- - Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car "Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said: i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho URBAN GORILLA AUDIO
LT.Smoke Posted January 18, 2013 Report Posted January 18, 2013 Just rehashing what everyone else said Keep your car bro Team MaxRetribution Si Vis Pacem Parabellum Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌
Baydestrian Posted January 20, 2013 Report Posted January 20, 2013 I'll beg to differ and say buy the Audi! I say this since I just bought an A4 Avant 1.8T Quattro. How many miles are on it? Timing Belt & Water Pump should be changed at about 80-90k if not sooner. Why not just get it scanned and see what codes its throwing, won't show all the codes like VAG-COM but will give you an idea. Mine has a vibration to it but I'm 99% sure its just the motor mounts, it was rougher last week when I bought it before putting some fresh Chevron in it, changing oil and getting the plugs replaced. http://www.audidiy.com/b5a4.html and I'm joined up on Audizine for any questions I may have 2015 Mazda 6 JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm 2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical
n8ball2013 Posted January 20, 2013 Report Posted January 20, 2013 but you bought yours. When a trade is involved and it seems too good to be true it usually is. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
ProMaxx316 Posted January 20, 2013 Report Posted January 20, 2013 as much of a german car fan i am. Keep the teg. I have a bunch of friend that has Audi and its nothing but a love hate thing with the car Im gonna be stuck helping my friend doing the control arms on his A4. Keep the Teg, put a K swap, then save for another car. If it's worth building, it's worth over building.
Carbon Posted January 20, 2013 Report Posted January 20, 2013 Good luck trying to work on the Audi... Keep the Vtak
CleanSierra Posted January 20, 2013 Report Posted January 20, 2013 I'll beg to differ and say buy the Audi! I say this since I just bought an A4 Avant 1.8T Quattro. How many miles are on it? Timing Belt & Water Pump should be changed at about 80-90k if not sooner. Why not just get it scanned and see what codes its throwing, won't show all the codes like VAG-COM but will give you an idea. Mine has a vibration to it but I'm 99% sure its just the motor mounts, it was rougher last week when I bought it before putting some fresh Chevron in it, changing oil and getting the plugs replaced. http://www.audidiy.com/b5a4.html and I'm joined up on Audizine for any questions I may have When you bought the Avante did it come with a purse? My best friend traded a 2 door badass explorer on on of those '01 A4 1.8L Avante. It was a turd in the 20,000 Miles he put on it from brand new. OP, the Integra is known, the A4 is not. Check engine light+German car=you're gonna have a bad time. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Baydestrian Posted January 21, 2013 Report Posted January 21, 2013 My CEL popped on the other night = Didn't tighten the gas cap enough. LOL @ the purse comment, that's a good one. I'm tired of sedans and don't want an SUV with the shitty gas mileage, what works? An Avant. Not to mention its a Quattro. None of my previous cars have felt as smooth and fun to drive as my Audi, the Caddy was great and I love the car but for a 10 year old American luxury the parts were expensive and not worth it. Wouldn't hurt to have the Audi looked at before trading, it may be a simple fix. That's all I'm saying. Also, if you friend bought his 01 brand new I bet if those first 20k miles he was using reg oil with recommended 10k change interval right? Because of that there were tons of sludge issues so Audi changed to recommending either 0w-40 or 5w-40 and the new OEM filter was much larger and also ppl were stupid and thinking "hey I can change my oil in 10k the filter is good for 10k!" 2015 Mazda 6 JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm 2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.