q logic kicks

sayhuh?

I have heard and seen people use fiberglass matte and resin, kitty hair/dynaglass, non hardening modeling clay. They are pricey at 200 bux a pair. You could probably build the 2 or 3 times yourself for the money. If you don't like to glass though it would be worth it.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

i just put a layer of stinger road kill dampening mat on the inside of mine,it did wonders

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

I put them in my sons 94 Tahoe and didnt think they sounded all that great with the T165 comps i put in there. But i didnt think to use sound deadener and it seemed like there was to little air space for the drivers. I will have to try deadener and see if that helps. I think i paid like $300+ to get them to Alaska.

i used second skin damp pro on the backside of mine.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Also, just screw the speaker in or make a ring to mount them to on the inside?

They never seem to have enough airspace to me ... I've seen people cut the backs out as much as possible and vent them into the kick pannel, meaning open up as much of an opening in the origional kick pannel as possible for adequate air space. And some people go as far as venting out through the fender wells in extreme Sound Quality vehicles. Almost sounds like you have speakers installed in your fender wells on the outside ... but works extremely well in most cases that I've seeen this done. There is also a better accoustic explanation for this, but I can not remember it at this time (i'm at work and don't have acess to my home computer where I keep all of my info on stuff like this ...

I was not going to vent my fender wells and never got enough airspace to feed the 6.5" drivers ... So I went from kick pannels back into the stock door locations with specific modifications to the doors and pannels and never looked back ... Midbass drivers love airspace just like a subwoofer driver in most cases ...

Then again, this is all just my suggestion here ... hope this helps out some ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Thanks, i will take a look at those options. The back of the speaker magnet pretty much rests on the carpet with next to no room for air to move. The speakers sounded flat like with no boom in the install. But it was a couple years ago so i can revisit it and see if theres more i can do to make them sound better.

Thanks, i will take a look at those options. The back of the speaker magnet pretty much rests on the carpet with next to no room for air to move. The speakers sounded flat like with no boom in the install. But it was a couple years ago so i can revisit it and see if theres more i can do to make them sound better.

you ever think that it could have been the speakers....

OP, i had a set, loved them, they are about 1/8in molded plastic, use a dremel to cut the speaker hole out, pre drill the screw holes, and mount the speaker. I used deadener on the backs of mine too. Mine sounded great.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

you ever think that it could have been the speakers....

OP, i had a set, loved them, they are about 1/8in molded plastic, use a dremel to cut the speaker hole out, pre drill the screw holes, and mount the speaker. I used deadener on the backs of mine too. Mine sounded great.

I had T165 comps in there with a P500-4 running them so i dont think it was the speakers. Probly a deadener & install issue. I was pretty new to audio. My tuning skills lacked so i will have to check it all out when my son gets motivated to redo his system, DD-1 everything and retune it. He has little interest anymore so now i work on my system. Works out better for me. lol

Archived