I would like to see the tests on a system running thousands of watts, a few alts, and a shitton of batts. The Tahoe.

I know its totally different than the tests with this tiny setup, but still be interesting to know exactly whats going on.

Edited by OrionStang
  • Like (+1 Rep) 2

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

people told me caps was bad but I had one that was 2 farad had it on the 400rms ssl amp totally different sounded and hit better with it

Placebo?

?

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

That is extremely interesting to see. And it would be awesome to have one of those at your disposal, and from what I've read, shops should have one to show customer's the differences they make when doing electrical upgrades, amp upgrades, ect... Bet it's expensive too. But I want one just the same.

Some one should rent one out for so much a week and ship it around like the roaming gnome and get vids, pics and tons of scientific results...

JVC AVX-44 and 360.2

Subs: 2 RF T1 12s 1ohm mono off a RF T1500bdcp 80hz \/ in a 2.3cube 45hz slot port

Mids: 2 O2 8's off a Punch 550.2 behind seat, 2 Image Cxs 6.5's and 2 ID XS 6x9s 80-3khz in doors on a T600.2

Highs: 2 ID CD.1 MH HLCD 8ohm off a RF 400.4 3khz /\

I would like to see the tests on a system running thousands of watts, a few alts, and a shitton of batts. The Tahoe.

I know its totally different than the tests with this tiny setup, but still be interesting to know exactly whats going on.

me too except the only problem is i have 8 amps on 8 coils and my wiring is all nice. I'm not pulling it all apart any time soon and even if i did, its just gonna give me an amp by amp reading. (nothing is strapped, not even a single pair of amps. They are all individual)

anyway, i am planning on trying the AD-1 on all sorts of things. Like Tony said, moving the cap further away from the amp was enough to change the results. Also, forget Amplifiers, don't make me do a "wire shootout"....ill take tests @ 50 ft , 10 and maybe 18" or something like that and see what brand delivers the most power. Ill even toss welding cable in the mix. The Dyno isn't just about your amp making or not making power, lots of things can be a factor :D Don't make me do a battery battle too if you catch my drift....do they even make those pretty blue things anymore?

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Interesting any testing with a battery?

No testing with an additional battery, but if you look at the numbers it would only help in the situations were the voltage fell below 12.6V, since another battery is just a load to the alternator over 12.6V. We have an additional group 49 AGM battery all charged up and ready for testing. May do some dyno runs on Monday.

Would like to see what the results with your primary battery and a large AGM battery like a XS 3100 ran without a capacitor. This would be a similar set up like a lot of us members would run and see what the numbers would be. Also, stock alt?

Another big battery would only help on the runs where the voltage dropped below 12.6 volts. At least, that is what I'm guessing.

These statements I find the most interesting, and would LOVE to see some experiments to really find out what's helping, and what's not. I thought (probably wrong) that adding more batteries would help strengthen the power supply, not be "just a load to the alternator over 12.6V".

But I trust what you say, it makes sense. It just seems different when setting in a ride with tons of batts. It seems like they help keep the voltage from dropping much at all.

But thank you for showing us these test! Awesome info!

me too except the only problem is i have 8 amps on 8 coils and my wiring is all nice. I'm not pulling it all apart any time soon and even if i did, its just gonna give me an amp by amp reading. (nothing is strapped, not even a single pair of amps. They are all individual)

anyway, i am planning on trying the AD-1 on all sorts of things. Like Tony said, moving the cap further away from the amp was enough to change the results. Also, forget Amplifiers, don't make me do a "wire shootout"....ill take tests @ 50 ft , 10 and maybe 18" or something like that and see what brand delivers the most power. Ill even toss welding cable in the mix. The Dyno isn't just about your amp making or not making power, lots of things can be a factor :D Don't make me do a battery battle too if you catch my drift....do they even make those pretty blue things anymore?

Oooohhhhhh I'm tuned in, cant wait!

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

That was kind of a of derp statement by me I guess. Didn't think about the multiple amp thing, clamping one at a time.

So maybe then, A setup with alts and batts and a single big amp, like an AB1100 or something.

I know lots of stuff factors in, just curious about the caps on a more powerful setup.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

That was kind of a of derp statement by me I guess. Didn't think about the multiple amp thing, clamping one at a time.

So maybe then, A setup with alts and batts and a single big amp, like an AB1100 or something.

I know lots of stuff factors in, just curious about the caps on a more powerful setup.

Rays setup (dc98hoe)

It's 2 amps but he has caps real caps (I beleive it's 2 banks of maxwells now)

It would be interesting to see how much power he's clamping with and without them

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

I think what would be interesting is getting a small extra batt that holds around the same as a 1 farad batt and do a side by side test of that. then do the same with a big batt and a 100 farad cap.

then do a test with the small batt and 1 farad cap hooked up at the same time and the 100 farad cap and big batt hooked up at the same time to see how they work together.

Edited by alaskanzx5

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.