thegr8cody Posted July 18, 2013 Report Posted July 18, 2013 Well I finally talked my wife into getting a new vehicle and as long as it fits two carseats she dont care. I've narrowed it down to a 3rd gen explorer or silverado. Now for the pros and cons. The explorer is cheaper and have less miles. Also get loud easier. Plus better mpg. The cons are once I put my box in I wont have any cargo room but if we use it to travel I csn use the roof rack for luggage but no place for groceries...... the silverado is more expensive and higher miles. But even if I do a blow through ill still have half the bed for storage and what now. But wont be as loud daily as the explorer. What would you guys choose? Im leaning towards silverado as I tow a boat often but the explorer could tow it. Just the silverado would do a better job. 1998 gmc sierra h/u:eclipse cd3200 sub:dd9518g d1.5 amp:jl e300/4 sub amp:dd m2a front stage:id ctx65cs dc power 270 alt lots of kicker 1/0
OrzechNJ Posted July 18, 2013 Report Posted July 18, 2013 I would get Silverado.. but its ur choice and you have to know what u want / need... sometimes Loud is NOT pretty Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.
bighossf150 Posted July 18, 2013 Report Posted July 18, 2013 what year sliverado? skip01 is doing impressive numbers in a 3rd gen explorer Used to have a loud truck 2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq 2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s
Moreno93 Posted July 18, 2013 Report Posted July 18, 2013 ^ What Year. Model.. Etc. I love my Truck. Been in the family since 00'. Would only give it up for a newer Silverado. 200K+ Still runs perfectly. Need more info though. Year/Model/Trim for both cars. Mileage on the ones your looking at Etc..
Smoove Posted July 18, 2013 Report Posted July 18, 2013 Silverado. for 1 its a chevy, I dont about other people but I would prefer to tow a boat with a truck and not a mid size SUV 2 Team Fi 15's v1 2 DD M5's 970amps of Alt 6th order blowthroughThe truck Blowthrough build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155555-smooves-1996-chevy-ext-cab-c1500-slow-build/The 350z build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170694-smooves-2003-nissan-350z/ My FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smooves-Car-Audio-and-performance/719746144805343 Team Fi Audio http://www.ficaraudio.com/
LT.Smoke Posted July 18, 2013 Report Posted July 18, 2013 Silverado Team MaxRetribution Si Vis Pacem Parabellum Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌
Karkov Posted July 18, 2013 Report Posted July 18, 2013 Personally I would do the Silverado. 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
thegr8cody Posted July 18, 2013 Author Report Posted July 18, 2013 the Silverado is between a 2000-2005 just depends on the mileage and price. but if I get a truck it will be a 4x4. and ext cab since crew cabs are out of my price range, and the explorer is gonna be between a 2003-2006 as those are in my price range. yes I know i've been following a lot of skips builds. i'm more of a chevy guy but the trailblazers have a lot of electrical problems. after a lot of research though i'm noticing the explorer doesn't get that much better mpg. towing with an suv isn't bad. I tow a 17ft boat now with a blazer and it does pretty good. I prefer the suv cause its more "family oriented" but after subs doesn't leave much room. so im thinking hard about the silverado 1998 gmc sierra h/u:eclipse cd3200 sub:dd9518g d1.5 amp:jl e300/4 sub amp:dd m2a front stage:id ctx65cs dc power 270 alt lots of kicker 1/0
Moreno93 Posted July 18, 2013 Report Posted July 18, 2013 Shouldn't be to hard to find one of those that wasn't used often. Sometimes you can find one of those trucks with like 60K miles garaged. Just know with the Ext. Cab there isn't much room in the back. If the kids are under 10 they should be fine though. Towing i'd feel better with a truck. Personally i like the explorers as we've had one.. and im actually trying to talk my mom into getting a 2011 explorer.. But the Silverado will probably suit you better. And i personally think it will last longer. Hope this helps goodluck.
big dee Posted July 18, 2013 Report Posted July 18, 2013 Silveradothats a easy one! Chevy all the way imo
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.