I threw the stock alt back in just to see if I'm having the same problem and to check the see if it wasn't the alt and maybe something else. With the stock alt in I'm getting 14.4v and its charging fine. I have no clue why the alt isn't charging. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

mine got damaged in shipping, yours could have too

That's what I'm starting to think. I know Mike benches them before sending them out and I'm sure he wanted to be done with this alt haha.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400

only other thing i can think of, is the powder-coating ground off where the alt meets the engine?

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

Yeah, both sides were sanded down when I got it out of the box. I've been racking my brain all day what it could be but i can't come up with anything. Oh well, no big deal. I emailed Mike and just waiting to hear back from him to see what he wants me to do. I thought about building a wood frame box (like what Fi did when they sent me the BL) to ship the alt in that way nothing would happen to it during shipping lol.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400

Try adjusting the belt on the alternator pulley I had the same problem in my Malibu it was reading 12 volt I adjusted the belt and it was fine

I moved the belt one spline over and two splines over and same result. I have a belt that is .5" smaller on and the 1" shorter belt is too short to even fit on the pulley. I've gone over all the connections and the only thing in my mind it could be is the voltage regulator. I have my stock alt in right now and everything runs fine.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400

Just a little update on what's going on. Mike got back with me and is sending another voltage regulator to put on the alternator and then it will be going in the car. I will also be ordering 50' of SHCA 1/0 ofc and 25' 4g ofc soon from Kevin over at CNF along with some new battery terminals and dual inputs. I'm going to be doing two runs to the back just in case I upgrade amps down the road. However my battery terminals now are full so I will be getting ones that have 4-1/0 inputs and 2-4g inputs per block. The primary wore for the MB Quart has a break in it from when I relocated the amp so I'll be fixing that as well.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400

• 2 weeks later...

A little update for yall. Despite the rain today I went out just to look things over on my car. I put up the canopy tent and took out my stock alt. I took the voltage regulator off of it and put it onto the Singer alt and placed it in the vehicle. Started the car and had the voltmeter reading 14.3v for a few seconds and then it started dropping down till it hit the resting voltage of the battery (12.8v). I thought I almost had the damn thing working. Just for shits and giggles I took the voltage regulator that came on the Singer alt and placed it onto my stock alt. I put it into the car and started the car. I put the voltmeter on the battery and it was reading a steady 14.6v. I left it on for a bit and even drove it for about 30 minutes and still it holds right around 14.5v. I have no freakin clue what is going on here lol. Wiring for both alts are the same nothing is being changed except the alt itself.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400

Just a little update on the progress for those who follow. I got to meet Mike Singer this past weekend at the TDH show and he is one of the coolest guys I've ever met. I took my H/O alt just incase I did see him so I could put it on my car and see if he could see anything that I was missing or if he could figure it out. We did a few test with it and he said that it is most likely the rectifier in the alt or something with the pcm. Instead of me shipping it to him he just took it with him home and said he will work on it and get it working. Really down to earth guy and we ended up talking for about an hour and even gave me a T-shirt which was awesome. If I ever need an alt for a future car of mine or a friends it will be a Singer alt for sure.

Once I do the install on the Fusion I will be ordering some wire from Kevin over at CNF to redo the runs going to the back of the car and also see about redoing some grounds if I need to. Another thing I will be getting is a Crescendo 800.4 for the PWX's. After that I plan on wrapping the front pods to match the interior. The saturn will be done hopefully by the end of the summer.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400