SnowDrifter Posted August 15, 2013 Report Posted August 15, 2013 Myles advice is the best you have got so far op. taking copper out of your wire reduces conductivity so you might as well use smaller wire if you go that way. Don't be lazy, do it the right way like Kyle showed you. I disagree with you on that. Since when do you use thinner wire because you can't fit all the strands in? That's like saying "Oh my ground lug isn't as thick as my 0 gauge. Might as well use 8 gauge then" And in all honesty trimming off a few strands so you can fit more of the wire in the lug will actually help rather than hurt. More contact area. A couple strands off the end doesn't negate the conductivity of the entire wire. I'm using knu 8ga for my subs. Had to trim it down a bit to fit ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
Kyblack76 Posted August 15, 2013 Report Posted August 15, 2013 Well to each their own. Ill do it my way SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
RooTxBeeR Posted August 15, 2013 Report Posted August 15, 2013 Myles advice is the best you have got so far op. taking copper out of your wire reduces conductivity so you might as well use smaller wire if you go that way. Don't be lazy, do it the right way like Kyle showed you.I disagree with you on that.Since when do you use thinner wire because you can't fit all the strands in? That's like saying "Oh my ground lug isn't as thick as my 0 gauge. Might as well use 8 gauge then" And in all honesty trimming off a few strands so you can fit more of the wire in the lug will actually help rather than hurt. More contact area. A couple strands off the end doesn't negate the conductivity of the entire wire. I'm using knu 8ga for my subs. Had to trim it down a bit to fit same thing here. I also use 4 separate 8awg wires twisted together for the power and ground on my sub amp. Both that and my sub needed a tad snipped off and it's fine On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
AI James Posted August 15, 2013 Report Posted August 15, 2013 hell if its that huge of an issue, solder then then clip it to the size you can fit.
RooTxBeeR Posted August 15, 2013 Report Posted August 15, 2013 hell if its that huge of an issue, solder then then clip it to the size you can fit.I've done this in the past with good results too. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
SLAYER1805 Posted August 15, 2013 Report Posted August 15, 2013 I haz 4 gauge terminals. You would've thought sundown would put oversized terminals like Obsidian does
2loud4uboyz Posted August 15, 2013 Report Posted August 15, 2013 Going to put this out there. I DO NOT THINK I'M A KNOW IT ALL PERIOD. FLAME ON SOMEONE ELSE. AND THANK YOU FOR THE ONES WHO UNDERSTOOD WHAT I WAS SAYing. All I was doing was trying to help Lolz.
bighossf150 Posted August 15, 2013 Report Posted August 15, 2013 Give each coil it's own wiring and wire them to some bolts on the box Thats how mine are done, 4ga from the amps to the wall, 8ga from the wall to the subs Used to have a loud truck 2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq 2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s
SnowDrifter Posted August 15, 2013 Report Posted August 15, 2013 Going to put this out there. I DO NOT THINK I'M A KNOW IT ALL PERIOD. FLAME ON SOMEONE ELSE. AND THANK YOU FOR THE ONES WHO UNDERSTOOD WHAT I WAS SAYing. All I was doing was trying to help Lolz. Suddenly, a wild butthurt appeared out of nowhere ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
Kyblack76 Posted August 15, 2013 Report Posted August 15, 2013 Wow. Calm down. Or you'll see flame. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.