DubNDodge Posted August 16, 2013 Report Posted August 16, 2013 92 civic hatch. Gets 45mpg, plus it's fun to drive since it is stick. '01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log 2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said: Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.
79 cutty Posted August 16, 2013 Report Posted August 16, 2013 Pains me to say it, but I can't get my wife's Saturn's to take a shit on me and it's not for lack of trying. Only maintenance I have done in the last 75k miles is oil changes, still runs like a topSame, my dads had 300k on it with only oil changesThan it got stolen lol LMFAO, WTF would you steal a Saturn for? If someone knocked on my door and asked they could have my wife's Saturn's! Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking! You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it. "Black Pearl" Build Thread http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1
tacomaguy1 Posted August 16, 2013 Report Posted August 16, 2013 Pains me to say it, but I can't get my wife's Saturn's to take a shit on me and it's not for lack of trying. Only maintenance I have done in the last 75k miles is oil changes, still runs like a topSame, my dads had 300k on it with only oil changesThan it got stolen lol LMFAO, WTF would you steal a Saturn for? If someone knocked on my door and asked they could have my wife's Saturn's!Lol don't ask me, it was crazy there was a streak in town where like 15 Saturn's got stolen back to back. They even put out a warning to people with them to watch out lol Team Flex Issues
deathcards Posted August 16, 2013 Report Posted August 16, 2013 Pontiac is a solid choice. The 3.8 v6 is a strong motor. I have a 99 Hyundai Accent with a 160,000 and is still going strong, but slow as fuk. Getting 36+mpgs. x2 on the 3800 except when the coolant hasn't been changed regularly and the stock piece of shit dexcool chemically breaks down and starts to eat away at the intake manifold gaskets. my monte has that motor and its sipping on the coolant. which reminds me, i gotta check the overflow and top it off LOL. plus some of the transmissions attached to the 3800's are complete trash, like the 4t65e which is what mine has. 3rd gear is almost nonexistent because of the slow ass shifts when the fluid is warm/hot. a shift kit firmed it up though but its still bad sometimes. edit: dat torque doe on the 3800. i love it lol. i break the front tires loose at a red light sometimes on accident with almost 160k miles. funny you say that mine began to only melt after 223,xxx and i started finding oil in my coolant i see it as more of a crappy gasket but once you replace that with steel and rubber you got a good engine skar sk2500.1 0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz alpine HUvxi65 components on BA gt-275new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821 2 x-15 sundowns singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps
79 cutty Posted August 16, 2013 Report Posted August 16, 2013 Pains me to say it, but I can't get my wife's Saturn's to take a shit on me and it's not for lack of trying. Only maintenance I have done in the last 75k miles is oil changes, still runs like a topSame, my dads had 300k on it with only oil changesThan it got stolen lol LMFAO, WTF would you steal a Saturn for? If someone knocked on my door and asked they could have my wife's Saturn's!Lol don't ask me, it was crazy there was a streak in town where like 15 Saturn's got stolen back to back. They even put out a warning to people with them to watch out lol Lol, Next time on "Soccer Mom's Gone Wild!" That's crazy! They are cheap plastic cars with cheap parts! Good on gas though! Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking! You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it. "Black Pearl" Build Thread http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1
fox_racin4 Posted August 16, 2013 Report Posted August 16, 2013 2nd gen cavaliers are reliable/cheap to drive Hondas as well. I have a 93 SI i beat the shit out of, sees 7k+ rpm daily with 345k ( KM ) and i havent changed the oil in months, mind you it burns it so i just keep topping it up... Maybe i should change the oil filter at some point.. Lol meh, Got it for 500, put a gas tank into it, brakes and ball joints and thats it for safety.. 1998 gmc extd cab 12 crossfire C710s 4 SAZ-4500s 3 Singer 400A altsbuncha mids/highs Team Asshole
mbdblue Posted August 16, 2013 Report Posted August 16, 2013 I'm very biased, but honda. As long as it wasn't competely neglected, it's gonna last....and you pretty much can take your pick considering how many are for sale super cheap. AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco
Tribe Called Bass Posted August 16, 2013 Report Posted August 16, 2013 Subaru outback Miata Camry/Corolla Civic/Accord Your pick. I have a 96 Accord, I've heard these cars are extremely reliable. but my car...falls apart on the daily~! I baby the living shit out of this thing, and put 90% of my money into it.
OrzechNJ Posted August 16, 2013 Report Posted August 16, 2013 Accords are cheap.. I sold mine with over 180k and I had no bigger issues with it... engine was burning oil a little bit but its nothing unusual for accords lol sometimes Loud is NOT pretty Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.
Tribe Called Bass Posted August 16, 2013 Report Posted August 16, 2013 Accords are cheap.. I sold mine with over 180k and I had no bigger issues with it... engine was burning oil a little bit but its nothing unusual for accords lol That's one thing I can't complain about, the parts are stupid cheap. I'm at 176k, she runs fine, rough idle when cold but runs good when warmed up. I need A new upper left ball joint, left cv axle, cat-back exhaust and I might believe that'll be just about the end of it. Everything else is brand new. Battery, alternator, starter, cat converter, power steering, master brake cylinder, new belts, new tires, pads, door regulators, actuators, sway bars, front right ball joints, CV drive axle, bushings. All of it was payed by me and 100% worked for. I'm 18 and still in High School, so I'm extremely proud of this thing even though its a beater. Most of my friends are a little younger than I am and already on their 2-3 car and never work for shit.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.