Sonic Electronix

what amp(s) sub(s) have you blown & how?

Pair of RF P1 10's

Pair of SI BM 10's reconed from jacob

Pair of PPI pro 104 10's

They were all clipped to death from a bad H/U sending clipped signal randomly so you never knew it was clipped till it was too late, sadly though i had to go through all of those and still wasn't able to find the cause till the h/u went bad and got a replacement, and have yet to blow another sub.

Alpine CDE 102 was the bane of my fucking existence for over a year.

PPI PC2600 went up in smoke due to age and pushing it to the limit.

PPI AM2150 Suffered the same fate as the pc2600, amps as old as they were just weren't able to take the abuse day after day like something new could.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

I damage things long before I blow them:

1 power Acoustik FUBR - Drill went through surround

2 Addictive Audio Version 2 - Drill went through surround on both

1 Alpine MRV1000 - Was mounted inverted with circuit exposed/ glowing, took the plexi cover off to service the amp next to it, placed a box of screws on the box right above the amp, turned truck on, played some music, screws dropped, shorted the amp.

Blown 1 Coustic sub back in like 2002, gains all the way up. Finally learned some lessons since then.

fried a dc 10.0k after i hooked up to a funky pup

09 Challenger R/T (Audio system under construction):

• Pioneer AVH-X4500BT (PAC RP4CH11 harness)
  • (2) Sundown Audio SA-8v2 (inverted)
  • CT Sounds AT1400.1D
  • XS Power D3400
  • 40 sq ft. Audiotechnix deadener
  • 1/0 Audiotechnix wiring
  • stock Boston Acoustic 7 speaker amplified system (for now)
  • Sealed trunk enclosure

Build log:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/178399-slammed-dodge-challenger-sundownct-sounds-build/

TEAM GOAT

signature-1.jpgsubsignature.jpg

audioque 2200 also known as the curse. amp works when it decides to and never has any high output anymore. just protects.

this is all after it blew up three times.

my fault, low voltage and shitty alt in my other car.

hifonics hfi 2000d, got real hot and cooked mosfets. replaced mosfets and it works.

never blown a sub. (guess i am just lucky)

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

Forgot I blew an aq2200. Installed a high out out alt and didn't realize I blew the alt fuse. Some how the alt still charged with no regulation and the voltage spiked to like 16.9 and I saw smoke =[

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

blew 2 cerwin Vegas on one jl 500/1. correct gain no boost just crappy subs took 3months before they were crackling and popping. i also blew some kids xplods because he thought my 500w jl wasnt as powerful as his xplod 1200w amp. put his box in my car didn't touch a setting put the song centipede on and well his sub didn't last threw the whole song. f#$k xplods

oh i forgot a dual hu caught on fire in my firebird.the deck that came in the car when i bought it was Just done. i went to Walmart with what was left over from buying the car. (96 firebird pull Me over red ttops 3.8l auto 67k miles) bought a $35 dual deck against my good judgement. had the deck for 2 months no aftermarket system. pulled into Walmart parking lot(irony) and my speakers started popping and hissing then i seen smoke come from the deck then actual flames! i just ripped it out and threw it out the window! scared the shit out of me. i found out later that my brother inlaw had the same deck catch on fire in his ranger a year before

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Never blew a sub that has been in an actual install. I never have blown an amp either. I am pretty careful with my equipment

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

Type R's, Cerwin Vega, JL W3's, Rockford Punch, etc....

Blew them all by being ignorant about clipping. Too much boosting eq crap lines. I didn't blow every sub, but in every setup, I messed up at least one sub from melting voice coils to...some other stupid crap.

R.I.P.

ab.jpg
IMG_20120729_184259.jpg
lightningaudio.jpg
2subs.png
Subs06052.png
001012.jpg
07251417a.jpg
Picture467.jpg
Picture356.jpg

Learning Everyday.

Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD