Second Skin Audio

How much of a difference does price make?

im reading this thread and seeing so many people putting brands like hi-fonics in a category other "sub-par". All i can picture are amps with yellow labels that save "supper" amp, or "Wattz" or "maxx". And yes, i typed supper, not super, because i have seen that done.

Translating from Mandarin is hard sometimes!

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

:shtf: lolz on the real though, i love my C2 audio Threatcon 2 12'' considering the price. I beat on it wide open on my 3.5 hr trip to and from school and it just laughs at my audiopoopz ap1500. I can see myself going with the C2 brand again in the future if they stick around lol

oh and this thread = :deadhorse: good day folks!

Brandon

2000 Furd Ranger supercab 4x4

System:

welding wire throughout the truck

USalts 390amp Hairpin

Juicebox in stock location

8 Banks of maxwell supercaps

2 American Bass Vfl 1100.1 wired to .35 each

2 Fi Audio Sp4 18's ( the DD sc 9918's smoked)

Pioneer radio with Soundstream PA mids Powered by a nice sized soundstream 2 channel

It's pronounced (dain-ja rain-ja) :ph34r:

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

basically what you pay for it was you get if you lower brand names like kicker,pioneer,alpine you won't get as much performance as if you higher top of the line brands such as rockford , hilfonics, rockford, dc audio etc

Someone please use this in their signature.....

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

spllover= gattiboy??

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

I'll make this easy for you, the junk brands that you are talking about are indeed junk brands! yes the $120 subs are much much better than Any dual or boss junk. save your Money and get something good!

most guys here have hundreds and hundreds of dollars in there wires alone!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Well I think I've gotten everything I can get out of this post. Thank ya'll for your replies. Basically what I've concluded is that, yes indeed, junk brands are worse than average brands. But I've also learned that there are many underground brands that trump or do as well as the high end brands but at a fraction of the cost.

At this point this thread is becoming a flame war for peoples' favorite brand-names. Honestly, I don't care if you think alpine is crap and rf is the best ever. Choosing between specific brands is silly, especially when almost all brands worth a crap are cea complaint. You can't pretend someone makes better subs if all the subs work as stated. You can only say an individual sub has better specs or an individual sub has a lower price for the same specs as another.

Anyways, once again thanks for the replies. Feel free to add anything if you think you got something, but other than that, I think I've basically gotten everything out of this that I'm gonna get.

Subs = 2x Rockford Fosgate p110's in custom ported box

Amp = Rockford Fosgate 451s (115 watts rms x 2 into 4 ohms)

Rear = Sony xplod 6.5 coaxials (they were on clearance at target :D )

Front = Soundstorm 6.5's

Wire = some 8 gauge crap my friend gave me

head unit = an older alpine

I'M POOR OK :(

Well I think I've gotten everything I can get out of this post. Thank ya'll for your replies. Basically what I've concluded is that, yes indeed, junk brands are worse than average brands. But I've also learned that there are many underground brands that trump or do as well as the high end brands but at a fraction of the cost.

At this point this thread is becoming a flame war for peoples' favorite brand-names. Honestly, I don't care if you think alpine is crap and rf is the best ever. Choosing between specific brands is silly, especially when almost all brands worth a crap are cea complaint. You can't pretend someone makes better subs if all the subs work as stated. You can only say an individual sub has better specs or an individual sub has a lower price for the same specs as another.

Anyways, once again thanks for the replies. Feel free to add anything if you think you got something, but other than that, I think I've basically gotten everything out of this that I'm gonna get.

If you think a brand has to be cea compliant to be "worth a crap" you got nothing out of this thread.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived