Installing your own system or paying someone to do it...

so i was on youtube watching some of Johnathan Price's vids and came across this one. I think he makes a good point in that it really shouldn't make a difference whether you install your own gear or have an installer/shop put it in for you. I personally install all my own equipment, build my own boxes, ect. but there are definitely those that do love bass and love nice systems that don't have the knowledge or don't have the time to do it themselves and if I came across something that I didn't know how to do or didn't have time for I would pay someone to do it for me and be thankful in knowing that it was done right and that I helped someone earn some money as I do installs myself for people on my days off of work when someone needs it.

once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. :D

Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem.

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

vid wouldn't work in first post

once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. :D

Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem.

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Lol it had to be a JP reference.

No one cares about built vs bought, only about the attitude of the person who built/bought. Only when they have a shitty attitude and act like self absorbed jerkoff's is the "built vs Bought" subject brought up.

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

The difference is if the shop does a hack job and you pay for it, vs you doing it yourself and knowing it was done how you wanted the first time. Some places dont allow you in the back/garage to see whats going on so really you dont have much to go off on the spot.

Why even make a thread about this? Go join him on his forum then. I don't think you understand the attitude he has had over the past years. My opinion of you just went downhill, hope this doesn't turn into forum suicide for you, lmao.

INB4 butthurt shitstorm

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Anyone can pay someone to get them loud. I designed and build my whole system by myself and I'm.fucking proud of it, picked out the gear, designed and built the wall all by myself, ran all the wires, fiberglassed the doors and it did 158.9db. Who deserves more respect the guy that dropped a fat stack of cash at a shop or the guy who spent months building, rebuilding and tweaking every last part.of their system to get the most out of it? Gtfo here with that shit.

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Oh lord. Where to start

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Deff the guy who self taught/self installed, However some people just cant do it. Now if the guy who pays all the cash and then brings his bad ass vehicle to a competition to compete he should be repping his installer. If he doesn't hes a really big super douche!!! I think that's what everyones point is.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipP7rjav9cD9UFdAYBJmz4M4LoNlF26ng1xhAf4Uhttps://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipP7rjav9cD9UFdAYBJmz4M4LoNlF26ng1xhAf4U

2013 DODGE CHALLENGER R/T

SUNDOWN ZV4-18

CRESCENDO 3.5K

PIONEER AVIC 5300 NEX

ALPINE TYPE R 6.5S & 6X9'S

ROCKFORD FOSGATE 1.5" TWEETS

5 C&D TECH BATTS

Archived