Clamping Method vs SMD AD-1 Amp Dyno vs. SMD AMM-1 Audio Multimeter

^^ the priceless moments of smd, it's not all car audio on this forum. We have people study the science of car audio and car electrical all around, car customization, even other hobbies outside of the car scene completely. Then, there are these moments where someone entirely says he is against a great product then on another Forum/Facebook they talk the product up for all of us to laugh at.

This forum is great.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

so I can buy all those tools and a concrete bucket or 1 single tool?

geez, tough choice. but I do see that guys point, this isn't the only tool that works. But, I will let him use the concrete bucket...

I understand what he is saying as well, just giving him a hard time. Jokes aside, even if that setup worked, you would then know how many VA your amplifier can put out into a bucket of concrete. Still wouldn't tell you how many Watts your amplifier puts into your SPEAKERS

say what? That's exactly what your dyno does. Uses a purely resistive load to measure power output in watts....

Last time I checked a coil of wire is an Inductor, not a resistor. I think you are confusing it with this http://www.rexresearch.com/davis/davis.htm

Oh snap Tony doesn't know what bifilar winding is. rofl. it's as close as you can get to a completely resistive load with magnet wire.

Especially when idiots don't know what they're talking about and Google can't help them look smart, lol. Especially when they can't break a 45, lol

I'm going to assume this is aimed at me. And that is very wrong. My first real setup even broke a 45 rofl. If you are going to make accusations you might want to be able to back them up.

You won't find one N8. If you search his history on CACO or character in general he's the epitome of read, hear, and repeat but no first hand knowledge or experience. Not to mention an incredible disdain for SMD, the forum and person, and Damore. I don't say this to stir the pot, I say it because once you realize the true nature you can remove the facade of objectivity. He even made a thread asking why people used getting loud as a rebuttal in debates and why doesn't someone who doesn't compete or get loud get taken seriously.

I'm honestly surprised he's here at all.

I can see the point being made and know Cody will step up yo the plate. I know people who test things in their own like myself or Taylor can sympathize how much effort goes into helping and people can seem ungrateful. I love the AMM 1 as I didn't have to pay more money since I no longer work in a custom shop.

Just found something that I thought everybody would be interested in.

Yesterday while Ben (SINTORMAN) was in this thread trolling, check out what he wrote on a Colorado Car Audio Facebook Group:

This is a thread about clamping power at a competition....

fb-post_zps412a71db.jpg

Interesting that on an SMD forum he's going through every effort to push a complicated clamping solution that involves everything except an SMD product.

On the same night, on a FB group, he appears to be OK with suggesting the AMM1.

You'll notice earlier I said: I have nothing wrong with the amm1. Just a problem with people misusing equpiment.

Then someone said that a amm1 is cheaper than a proper clamping setup. I corrected them.

And I recommended the amm1 because I can trust myself watching the meters to record the right numbers but I'm not going to trust someone else running the meters. Hence why I also recommended the vital power device.

I'm glad TeamHT fits in good over here. I was hoping he would fit in somewhere lol.

EDIT:.. yeah I'm on that page to troll.. moron.

I also rescinded my comment about the amm1. Since I believe it will stop measuring when clipping sets in. So obviously no good for comps.

Edited by SINTORMAN

This will be my last post in this thread. coming on SMD and reading all this is... well exactly what I knew SMD to be rofl. You can reply to my comments but I won't see them. Have fun guys.

PS have fun finding out things like how efficient your amps are or how much power your alt is producing with your amm1s, or repairing amplifiers and tracking down noise... oh wait... lol.

Edited by SINTORMAN

Do I need to go on a hunt? Look at me I'm so smart you guys are all stupid

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I'll go get my popcorn supplies ready. Big trip to Sam's Club as I think I'll have to buy them out of popcorn for this show...Anyone else want some?

Carry on N8. Always enjoyed watching you do what you do, nothing but good times and laughs for us as whomever the subject is gets what he deserves from ya.

What I like about this thread, amongst others, it's not just hearsay. "I did this test and it was this as the result." Nope, there's proof. Videos, pictures, etc. Just like how anyone can claim they hit whatever. "I hit 160". Cool story bro. Where's the evidence? So here, there's vids and pics. They show proof. Good stuff right there.

Sheena = pedobear

That was a douche bag move callin him fat.. He's working his ass of to lose weight. I'm not car audio smart as some so I never replied in this thread, but that shit is uncalled for.. Karma is a bitch.. Go ahead and call me fat too.. Everyone is always tougher behind a keyboard

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!