Sundown Audio

cheep koreans amps no good -FI

bdog

Me either.. fi shut em down lol jk

Anyway I guess we should all go out and buy audison amp or w.e lmao..

In 6 weeks time itll be like

"Stupid noob you gotta spend 4k on a 1500w amp those garbage korean totally melt subs yo"

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

well take an sp4 for example

"hey derp! my sub is taking 3500rms all day long, no smell or anything!! not hitthing mech. limits!! i need MOAR powarrr"
2 weeks later

" ZOMG DERP! i turned my gain up and its so much louder!!! the sub gets a little warm though but ilet it cool down"

couple days later

" zzzzoooommmgggg my leads caught fire this subs a POS it couldnt take any more then the 3500rms i was giving it grrrrr"

numbers are just figures here fyi

i run the fully loaded SSDs, i play my truck very hard, not one single BURNT lead. not a proken glue joint. no darkend coils. HOWEVER. i have broken many leads off the terminals due to playing under tunning and well.. playing them the way i did.

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

"hey derp! my sub is taking 3500rms all day long, no smell or anything!! not hitthing mech. limits!! i need MOAR powarrr"
2 weeks later

" ZOMG DERP! i turned my gain up and its so much louder!!! the sub gets a little warm though but ilet it cool down"

couple days later

" zzzzoooommmgggg my leads caught fire this subs a POS it couldnt take any more then the 3500rms i was giving it grrrrr"

i run the fully loaded SSDs, i play my truck very hard, not one single BURNT lead. not a proken glue joint. no darkend coils. HOWEVER. i have broken many leads off the terminals due to playing under tunning and well.. playing them the way i did.

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

So why isn't every other company having problem with leads? Cuz most here use a Korean board of some sort on sundown, DC, IA and other companies of the like. Im not nut hugging any brand and I could see why None of the companies I listed would say not to use Korean amps since they sell them. But I never had a problem with my DC leads or crossfire leads. And the DCs coils kept going out from user error all 4 times. -15db cuz I wasn't sure what track to use, then too much power, too big of a box, and DC said the 4th time was my fault but I won't list what happened there. Anyway if there has been lead failure of other brands I haven't heard of it nearly as much?

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

2 weeks later

couple days later

To my understanding it's not due to mechanical limits it's due to the way the frequencies are filtered. You gotta remember these Korean amps come from an assembly line. I think Korean amps are the shit for the money. Hell that doesn't stop me from wanting to run some big power amps, just makes me aware of what can happen.

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

I'm running Koreans. And skars on top of that. I've soft clipped too. No issues even over powering my Sa's in a slightly too big box.

Not sure about the filtering. Guess a 40k signal to a sub would be bad and it must be coming from the output stage cause the lpf would catch it otherwise.

Is this something that is even a factor in low power rigs like mine?

What I want to know, is why are the tinsel leads considered the weak point here? Why not the coil?

So in theory FI subs are "better" now? I was thinking of going FI Team subs in Spring but now I don't know. Too early to tell. I can tell ya one thing, I ain't selling the amps I already got.

Oh and is there anyway to filter said frequencies?

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Archived