Want some "hidden" areas in my house. What have you seen?

There is a number of things you can either buy or build. When I was in home building it was not uncommon for owners to ask for false walls to be added in walk in closets. Sliding mirrors with cubbies built in behind them. Even as far as safe room designs. The shelves are a cool idea for sure.

Id go down on a law man if i could build. I may in about 11 years. And when i do, im gonna do A LOT of false/hidden shit. We like that shit.

I have wood floors. There are a few sections in strategic places that can be lifted up and contain certain things. I will not post pics but I'm sure if you google someone has. I've seen residential burglaries that had everything on the walls pulled off cause thieves know the tricks.

I was hopin youd chime in. That is actually where our "lil" spot is. ;)

For this, id like it close to me. Like in my bed room, and the back room we spend the most time in. In case of, ... well, in case.

floor joist are spaced 16" off center just like walls. the difference is they are 9.25" deep so they give you a lot more depth when compared to a wall. the trick is getting a cut that looks clean and natural. also, if your basement is unfinished you have to be able to hide the pocket. there's tricks for that too. Also, depending on what your hiding there are already hiding spots built into your home.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Real key to having anything hidden is planning. You can't build this beautiful hand built wood book case and have it the ONLY nice thing in the room. It draws too much attention. Same goes with something simple like a sliding wardrobe mirror. It can't be the focal point of nice in a room. Staging a room play the key part to drawing the eye away.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

If I were ever to get in a position where I could build my custom house, it would be full of cool shit none of ya would ever see ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

If I were ever to get in a position where I could build my custom house, it would be full of cool shit none of ya would ever see ;)

Yup..... id have entire room(s) that would be just "ours"......

I feel exactly the same way.....

I built a couple clean hidden stashes in my old house, should be back in another house this year and I would like to try a bigger one, especially after watchin that lol

Check this out, worth watching

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Kyle the wildest shit I have ever seen was when I was in a customer's house years ago installing some custom garage doors after we were done we stepped inside so he could pay us and he said he overheard my friend and I talking about guns and shit... He was like check this out ... We go in his living room and he flips a lightswitch and his staircase raised up to reveal a room below... The staircase was functional to as the main stairs to go to the upper level... Was the craziest shit i had ever seen he had more money than he knew what to do with though which explains why he put 4500 dollar wooden garage doors on his house lol

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Check this out, worth watching

if that was my house i would have put this ass on blast dont care if he built the house or not hidden room your not supposed to show the world

I dont really think its a "hidden" room.

You would have to be a fool to put a hidden or safe room right next to your front door..

Oh hi burglar that is trying to break in, please hold for a minute so I can run to this hidden room to hide or grab my gun, once im ready you can than continue to break in.

Besides that its not really hidden imo, did anyone notice the seams above the door that are only about 1/8inch apart, while the seams on and around the door are at least 1/4inch wide between the panel.

It looks rather obvious to me something is going on there to me.

Archived