Blazer Guys: Help Needed

Only way to tell is by the pan. They look very slightly different. You would have to see a picture to compare. either one is good. I wouldn't worry about it bro. Ask what kind of oil they run in it so you know. I am a big believer in synthetic. It's all I run.

(also, kyle) if you get a triple alt setup, watch your idle. Mine idles a bit rough and low with my 370 as it is lol. maybe get a adjusting cable.

I'm not even sure if the guy knows. He flips cars for someone else from what he said. Someone traded it in at Carmax, someone else bought it, and he's selling it. From the sound of things. The guy is half deaf, so his words are a little slurred when he talks, and he talks really fuckin' fast so I didn't catch half of that part. lol. Oil is pretty clean, and it's full on the dipstick. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

If it has 200k miles and has had no problems you should be good, if anything would have gone bad by now it would have been the lower intake gasket. Mine went at around 87k and thats seems to be the norm. As for the trans... before i got mine I was told the same thing, especially with running larger rims. But I've had mine for 5-6 years and almost all of that was with the rims on and a decent amount of weight in the back. I also drove it from MI to NC with the rims on and loaded down with all my belongings and had ZERO problems. Also drove from east coast of NC to middle of TN to get the sub box from LoudNLow, once again ZERO problems, even driving up and down the mountains to get there! I think as long as you dont get dumb and try to race it or beat the shit out of it you'll be fine! Even if you have problems with it the parts are so easy to come by....

BTW mine is a '03 with the 4l60E, i think i have right around 90K on it right now.

Build log: Click

03 Chevy Blazer

- IPad Air 2 

- ALPINE Head Unit

- 4 DC XL 18s

- 2 DC 3.5k

- ALPINE TYPE R 5.25 COMP

- 3 ALPINE TYPE R 6.5 COMPs

- DC 175.4

- DC HO Alt

- D3400

- 4 XP3000s

- KNU 0ga

- 60 SqFt Damp Pro

Lots more...

0 I've got the 4l60e in the truck. It's about 2200 to rebuild one. Ask me how i know

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Great vehicle. But like others have said if the tranny was gonna go it probably would have by now. And ya smell the dipstick to see if it smells burnt at all.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

My shocks were badly in need of replacement, and got a new fuel pump, and my fuel pressure regulator was leaking. Other than that it's been good to me. The rear hatch glass and rear doors rattle like a mofo too, can't seem to quiet them.

FYI:

The fuel pressure regulator is on the spider fuel injector on the top of the engine, under the throttle body. You know it's leaking if the car is hard to start anywhere from 15 minutes to 6 hours after you shut it off, but starts fine after sitting for any period after that. Reason is because that regulator leaks fuel on top of your pistons, flooding the engine for those short periods. When it has longer to sit, the fuel seeps down past your pistons. Because of that, your oil will also smell like fuel. Just a heads up, can be a bitch to troubleshoot if you don't know to look for it.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Archived