Sonic Electronix

Win some, lose some on Ebay

With that being said. I personally am a angry unhappy customer who got screwed in the past on ebay . so if he didn't do anything wrong and the amp was defective I would be upset and expect the seller to make it right. If you make him happy you got yourself a happy customer who will come back and lets say he was scamming or damamged it, if he tried to do it again wouldn't it be obvious? then you know and can say " hey this guy is trying to do this again? hes trying to scam me" I understand your situation also considering I sell a lot of stuff on amazon. Its hard selling stuff, and trust me you will never please everyone. Keeping that 100% is gonna be tough. lol

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

-Benefiting the customer-

Not everyone has the time to fit in that window of a week to test an amplifier. Take you for example, you are working 2 days a week with classes for medicine. Can you be 100% sure that you will have time to do an installation on your car when an amplifier is shipped "late"?

He bought an amplifier that was said to be working in full order, he did not receive one. He is probably kinda feeling like he got ripped off by the seller, right now.

-Benefiting you-

Now lets look at the other view. (I'm assuming that the 7 day period starts when he receives, as I was a bit confused on that and that is how I believe it should be done.)

He is past the date of return, so that is plain and simple.

You could try and get insurance to cover the claim, IF you have proof that it was in 100% working order before shipping.

-My opinion-

If you feel bad about it and this might cause you to morally feel bad about a sale, refund it.

That is, after you receive a video of it with no background noise, to see if the amp truly is creating a sound.

If you can refund it and maintain the customer's happiness, then you might be able to make another deal with him.

ESPECIALLY after you already offered a refund.

If I was dealing with you and I was the buyer and I got a refund, I would gladly spend the money again at your store. IF you were not accusative at all towards me. In no way saying it is my fault at all, just simply asked for a video of the problem (different circumstances since you already offered the refund).

Next time make sure you get 100% proof of all items working with a nonstop video of the packaging process. NO CUTS in the video so there will be NO doubt that it is not your fault.

If I come up with anything else, I'll let ya know. Be careful next time, bud!

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

i take my chances but paypal is great with protecting you. the seller is always on the shitty end even in retail. i would love to find good deals on ebay but you should not offer returns on used products and you selling the merch yourself. no real insurance for you

Looking to buy hdc3 and sq2200 bundle. let me know

yeah, I will stand by my word and give him a refund because I said I would. But I would hate to get railroaded on the deal since the purchase was 3/14/14 and leave back and dispute has a range of 45 days and we are already at day 25 and it will take 5-7 business days to receive the amp back, so that makes it 32 days. so 13 days for the actual transaction to terminate.

The only thing, is when you're first hooking it up you can hear the buzz, since you have to set the gain and frequency knobs. Why contact me on 4/6/14? He should have contacted me day one of installation/testing?

I will definitely video tape the packaging and the working condition of the amplifier. I have been meaning to get a DC power supply and testing bench.

I will also add signature required and date received so any guarantee will begin when I have better proof.

Still waiting on the reply.

basically just want this over with.

Definite learning curve. I appreciate the input guys.

-Frank

This is a huge scam going around now

When you item fails

You buy the same item as all the right questions

Then pay via paypal

The item arrives and the next day you say it's not work and complane through PayPal and sent your vaulity item back not the working one

Got a famiely member that works for the postal service and says the clame on insurance with tv's is huge

You pay and sent it to your mate with insurance

It arrives broken and you clam the insurance

But little did they know your kid or mate broke it the week before playing with the wii

I even no a bloke at work that brought a tv off eBay just to send his not working back and keep the good one

There out there

So, I started selling car audio on Ebay last month. So far so good. Until today, when I received an Ebay message from the buyer. Seems the JL 450/4 amp is making a buzzing noise, but not at the speakers, just the amp itself as it sits is buzzing he states. I put in my auction "7 day return policy with install receipt/testing receipt". He won the item on 3/14. I stated "I ship the next day after paypal clears". Due to the weekend I sent it out on 3/17 and informed the buyer. He received it some time around 3/24. Which gave him til the end of the month to test it professionially as my auction indicated.

He messages me yesterday stating he is not completely satisified due to the buzzing.

Now he is passed the deadline for the return, but I did ship it late, and the amp very well could have been dropped while being shipped. It's a touchy situation. I have 100% feedback and wish to keep it that way, so I jumped the gun and offered him 100% refund and return shipping, because I value my 100% status. But thinking about it, I am foregoing my own policy of the "receipt of installation/ or testing".

Awaiting his reply.

I am in the air about it at the moment. See, like all of us, we may have scammed Walmart some time in our live by returning something that we used, repackaged, and returned. Come on we have all done that! So I guess it's just karma biting me in the ass. He very well could be reading this right now. Again, the amp could have fallen enroute (But the amp was boxed, with in a box due to it's heavy weight), internals could have been swopped out(?), he could have damaged it during home installation. Who knows.

What is your opinion on the matter. Again, I jumped the gun a bit.

Open to your comments. Please put yourself in my shoes, as well as in the buyer's shoes. HONEST comments please. I need both sides of the story. But I realize when it comes to money, poeple are very touchy and want their money back.........bottom line, no ifs and or buts!

I aprreciate it! This money is actually paying for my health insurance. So I start my auctions well below what others start their auctions out. Anything to off set the cost of my insurance is what I am after. I'm not trying to get rich. My GF and I argue about the amt I want for my car audio. If the buyers want it, the price will go up is what I tell her. lol. I'm a medical professional and make great $$$ when I work full time, but I'm in school doing my pre-med classes so i can only work 2 days per wk and living on romain noodles again!

-Frank

bro you are a new seller scammers thrive on people starting out. Why you might ask? Well because for once we all know more than half of the people don't read all the rules and regulations and thus when a problem arises, you panic. There is eBay rights protecting you and the buyer don't be scared of a negative feedback you can dispute it and get it removed. Word of advise never allow returns for electronics especially amps when you know you legitimately are selling it to get some cash and not to scam people. Next time contact the item winner before you send it and send pics/videos as your packing it up and even taking it to the post office or ups. You said you had warranty on it then use the benefits of it after all you paid for it. Contact the shipper and let them know what happened and if they find the problem they will pay your amp in full based on the insurance you got for it. Then you can refund him and be assured your just not getting scammed by some low life scum.

I say offer him a refund of in store credit since its past your 7 day return policy and he hasn't giving the proof of professional install/testing. He still gets a refund and you get another chance to sell him a working product. Both sided win imo.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived