Sonic Electronix

DO YOU PURCHASE MOBILE AUDIO PRODUCTS ONLINE, AND IF SO WHY?

MOBILE AUDIO ONLINE PURCHASES  

171 members have voted

1. 1. DO YOU LOOK TO SEE IF THE ONLINE STORE IS AN AUTHORIZED DEALER?

2. 2. HOW MANY RETAIL LOCAL BRICK AND MORTAR STORES DID YOU VISIT BEFORE MAKING YOUR PURCHASE ONLINE?

3. 3. WHY DID YOU PURCHASE ONLINE

• PRICE
    • WASN'T AVAIALBE/INSTOCK LOCALLY
    • FAST SHIPPING
  4. 4. WOULD YOU HAVE PURCHASED LOCALLY IF IT WAS IN STOCK BUT COST A LITTLE MORE?

• YES, BUT ONLY UP TO $10 MORE
    • YES, BUT ONLY UP TO $20 MORE
    • YES, BUT ONLY UP TO $30 MORE
    • NO, NOT UNLESS THE STORE SOLD FOR THE SAME PRICE AS ONLINE
  5. 5. IF YOUR LOCAL STORE MATCHED THE ONLINE PRICE, BUT DIDN'T HAVE IT IN STOCK WOULD YOU STILL PURCHASE LOCALLY?

• YES, IF THE STORE COULD GET THE PRODUCT IN 2 DAYS OR LESS
    • YES, IF THE STORE COULD GET THE PRODUCT IN 3 DAYS OR LESS
    • YES, IF THE STORE COULD GET THE PRODUCT IN A WEEK OR LESS
    • NO
  6. 6. WHAT IS THE MAIN REASON FOR NOT MAKING YOUR PURCHASE LOCALLY?

• PRODUCT NOT IN STOCK
    • PRICE
    • CUSTOMER SUPPORT
    • LOCAL SHOP DOESN'T ADVERTISE SALES/SPECIALS

2 main reasons for me:

Don't have the products I want.

And price. I'm willing to spend a bit more to support local business, but I'm not going to throw my money at $60 RCAs when I could find better online for $20.

The last time I stepped foot in a shop was almost two years ago. Actually had to go to three shops before finding the 4 8awg rings I needed to complete an install. Then the shop that finally had them charged me $5 a piece. I had to pay, I was that close to having it bangin'. Never again.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

The main reason I shop online is due to a horrible selection and customer service at the 1 and a half stores available to me in the local area. I say one in a half because the one shop is a joke with absolutely no inventory and horrible people to deal with. For example I was just looking for 1/0 wire and a fuse holder and they had a total of 12 ft. for the entire shop. They wouldn't sell me any in fear they would run out. The other shop only sells main stream brands (ex. jl audio, kicker, alpine) and I would much rather go with other companies. They also sell everything at full msrp or higher. The staff I have dealt with have next to no knowledge too. If I had a local store with brands like sundown, ct sounds or soundqubed just to mention a few and have a friendly knowledgable staff I would prefer to shop local.

As a customer, I purchase online due to convenience and price, audio wise that is. Tools and what not I'll go to the local harbor freight, home depot or lowes.

I would be more than likely go to a local (within 20-30minutes) audio place if they had the EXACT same prices, but then there is still sales tax and gas money. Which you wouldn't pay either if the company you were buying from were out of state and had free shipping.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

In Columbus shops want top dollar and have 0 stock. No high end dealers in town but they can special order it. Hell I can special order with no mark up myself. They want 700.00 for 3sixty3 lol!!!!!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

5. Have the right tools to make sure the stereo equipment will last. Correctly set gains, filters, and explain the benifit but risk of boosted music/boost settings on head units.

The shops here claim that they can set gains by ear and don't even need o-scopes. I said, well when you start blowing stuff call me and I'll teach you how to set gains.

I don't have a local shop -.- and knowing this town it would be a shady place

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Basicly what snow said....I would rather pay a few more buck at a brick and morter...When there is a huge difference in price, and the owner wont budge on price..I take it online..

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

5. Have the right tools to make sure the stereo equipment will last. Correctly set gains, filters, and explain the benifit but risk of boosted music/boost settings on head units.

The shops here claim that they can set gains by ear and don't even need o-scopes. I said, well when you start blowing stuff call me and I'll teach you how to set gains.

Local shop here told me same shit after I asked him if he had a DD-1. Tried to buy some 1/0 and he told me he tries to stay away from it??? He said everyone gets everything online anyway... I tried to buy local smh

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Archived