Are we hurting or helping are members?

I don't even know if inhale likes, lol. But I have liked a few posts here and there depending on the awesomeness of said post.

That being said, I have seen no proof of hurting new members. Maybe I'll dig up that thread where there was a lot of openness about new members and dumb questions. I think there were very good points made there on both sides.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I have no issue with this post. I will add one thing. If you see something report it. The report system is anonymous. the only people who will know are the moderation staff. We can't see everything. It's very hard to read every post that occurs especially when its super busy here. report it give your reason why and we can take care of it. If the offending subject matter isnt removed completely it puts it on the radar. Being on the radar makes it that much easier to smash if need be. No one is going to bitch at you if you report something that you find offensive. Unless you start doing report after report of things that are just silly.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I think I am on the radar for saying I was mad I couldn't post to sell yet because of my post count but then found out I could in the premium section. Got put on the radar, wasn't complaining about the rules by any means, but at that moment in time I figured I would post it. Guess I shouldn't post things that make me mad but honestly don't even care now.

But I may still be on the radar for it. I would like to report KyLar96. He posts too much lol

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)
Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gauge
TM Metalworkz battery terminals

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

Just to add my two cents, I have been a member here for quite sometime. I had an old account which I forgot the password to and I am now on this account. Anyways to the point, I do a lot of reading and usually keep to myself, but I can honestly say that this forum is filled with knowledgeable members who typically go out of there way to help as long as the op is genuinely courteous and responds to some criticism appropriately. Yes there is some ribbing, and a lot of buttsex lol, but this is the internet. If you wear your heart on your sleeve perhaps the best option for you is to not post. Better yet, before you hit that post button, step back, read what you typed, look at the pictures your about to upload, and think, can some ass hole who possibly needs a self esteem booster make fun of that. If the answer is yes then don't post it. Honestly that's the best advise I can give a person who is new to any forum. If you can't handle criticism then don't post to the internet, because you leave yourself open to millions of people's opinions. But overall this is a great forum, and most of the people here are genuinely nice people, so to come in here and say things like this does nothing for the forum. Honestly it is nothing more than an attempt to stir the pot and create problems. To conclude I just want to say thank you to all the members here who have given me insight and driven me to do new, innovative things to step up my game. Thanks everybody

Aww forget it. ill just keep my thoughts to myself.

You've been here for a month. It's kind of hard to have a legitimate point with this train of thought judging one aspect of the situation without even a grasp on the entire situation. I'll wait till I can see actual proof, because I intend on seeing you link kasey, which obviously your view is skewed, and I am not sure where you keep seeing this.
"You've been here for a month. It's kind of hard to have a legitimate point with this train of thought judging one aspect of the situation without even a grasp on the entire situation" Is this lawyer talk or something? lol.
No, this is "logical" talk. You've been here for one month, how do you have any leg to stand on when talking about something like this? Your notion about how new people are treated is misguided and cliche, and always a point brought up by a new person. Your post aggravates me because you seem to think this forum requires customer service, that as a new person you are somehow entitled to anything more than a warm handshake and open forum. Truth is, you are NOT entitled to anything, but the handshake and open forum come anyways. You judge one group of people incorrectly from one point of view with the balls to think you have a point to make.

Kasey is not a forum friendly individual and enjoys rustling the feathers, no matter how incorrect he is. Yet you somehow think he is being mistreated because he is "new". My respect is much like my work ethic in life...you get what you put in. If you are NOT going to be a contributing member, humble poster, or rational guy, what the fuck makes you think we need to be with you? Ans by you, I don't mean you specifically I mean you generally.

The point is, when I started out in car audio I worked my ass off, read, experimented, tested, and went again. Now new members to the hobby are deluded, entitled, and victims and frankly it is something that angers me. If you think this place isn't nice enough, then BE the nice you want to see. Think people are scaring away new members? Then alleviate their fears. Think members are being hurt? Then be the balm that soothes them.

But if you honestly make asinine assumptions and generalizations be prepared to back them up with proof. As I see it, I have not seen any proof to validate your claim, and thus have dismissed your post entirely. Maybe you can sit back, read, get to know some people, and try again later. This place is what YOU make it, not what I make it for you.

Really really well said. No one mistreats ppl on here besides Adams butthole lol

But seriously, if your not taking our advice and being stupid and all of the above then why keep being nice?

Lol most going off on new members are becuase they won't take advice or listen they ask a question get an answer then do what they want anyways . Then become a douche and thinks they are right....

Archived