Sundown Audio

lower notes clip easier?

ChevyBoy95

I have 2 settings.

My music Set with a over lap due to the vari in music. I set at -7,5

with tone, say, when i burp... i re DD1 or tune at ZERO db. Tones, need no overlap. Most tones are recorded at odb.

So, when i compete, my music, i run a full 62 clicks.

When i burp, its 57 clicks clean, on a tone.

just me

edit - i also struggle higher. I can play 30hz all day.... 44hz, and voltage goes down, gear struggles.

And im tuned at 35. ish...

DOUBLE edit... why would noise, or distortion matter low, or high, unless it was more gear dependant.... or you could just eliminate THOSE freq's...

That dont make sense to me. So, you cant clip/distort at say... 4k????? .. mmmmm im calling bs

probably box rise.

it was unloaded, in my case.

edit: my voltage sags down low. up high (40+) im good, in reference to kylar

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

tuned in for smart answer. I've been pondering this for awhile.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

I think, noise or clipping is where ever...

its just that MORE damage is done, low........

I cool lower, and can play 28-35 more than i can plus ten....

IMHO clippiing wouldnt be ....say... under 32 or something. That sounds odd to me.....

I'll do some looking into my amplifier design books and see if I come up with a scientific answer as to what it may be.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

There are the slew rates of some amplifiers that are lower than others and will affect the output in the upper ranges of the frequency bandwidth.

Quote:

S l e w
Frequency response and distortion figures of amplifiers are normally measured at 1 Watt. The maximum power of an amplifier is normally measured at 1kHz. At 20kHz most amplifiers can not deliver more than 1/4 of the power quoted at 1kHz as in the graph below. The limitation of power restriction of amplifiers above 10kHz is described as Slew. It is not possible for any electronic circuit or individual component, transistor, FET or mechanical switch to be able to turn on and off instantly at the speed of light. Slew is the highest speed an electronic circuit, transistor or FET can change from on or off.
a12_slew-graph.gif
Volts / micro second is Slew rate. With an amplifier of + – 60V supply rail, the leading edge of a 20kHz sine wave would have to change from 0V to 60V in 1/80,000 of a second ( 12.5uS ). Therefore it has to have a slew rate of at least 0.2V / uS to reach 60 Volts in time. But if the amplifier output can only change at 0.1V / uS the maximum voltage it could reach is 30V which is half way and therefore 1/4 power.
a12_slew.gif
Many amplifiers that use power MOS-FETs have very high slew rates and are easily capable of delivering 20kHz at full power. But many amplifiers that use output transistors are restricted in being able to deliver full power at 20kHz. Slew can be intentionally applied in a driver circuit of an amplifier (dominant pole capacitor) to insure high frequency stability and freedom from internally generated parasitic oscillations.
But there is another unique problem of slew that is caused by the internal limitation of one or both output transistors not being able to turn off as quickly as they can turn on. This problem causes a large quiescent current cross conduction through the output transistors that generates extreme heat. An amplifier with slew limited by output transistor cross conduction can be destroyed by high frequency oscillation caused by a reactive capacitive speaker load or Rf (radio frequency) getting to the input from an external source.

http://lenardaudio.com/education/12_amps_3.html

I'll continue to look into more once I get back from an errand.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

^^Maybe if you had amps!! Lol..

Sarcasm but really can't wait. Unless you're holding out

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

More area under the curve in a 25hz wave, as compared to a 40hz sine wave with less total area?

Think of it like this- Waves in the ocean. 25hz is one big wave, 60ft wide, 100ft high. 50hz might have the same amplitude (hieght), but are much more narrow. Say 2 waves, 100ft high, but on 30ft wide.

The bigger wave has more volume of water=more electrical draw on an amplifier=lowered input voltage=clipping.

Now, I could be talking out of my ass, but that's how I picture it in my mind.

When you did this, you were setting at max volume right? Do this: do the same test again, but do it at half volume, so that electrical supply isn't a factor. Bet you get different results :)

probably box rise.

He said it was unloaded.

Impedance varies even while subs are not loaded, so it could still be an issue even if you take what the box does to impedance out of the equation.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived