Seattle $15 Minimum Wage

here in cali we are currently sitting at 8 an hour it is scheduled to increase to 9 bucks an hour. Buddy of mine owns 9 stores. He already pays his people 8.20 an hour. So art the very minimum, everyone gets an .80 hour raise. Now each store takes about 50 people a day to run in a 24 hour cycle. that is 400 hours of labor. So thats what 400 x .80 extra to pay? So that's only 320 more per day more per store. But times that by 9 stores. 2880 per day more just in the wage increase. Now times that by the year. 1,051200 EXTRA he pays in just wages a year. And that's only at an .80 cent raise. That doesn't include all the tax and employee benefit bullshit. If we go from the 9 bucks to 15 bucks, holy fuck that is a shit ton more money a year in payroll

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Bad idea all around.

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Historically, increases in the min wage only serve to increase inflation/devalue the currency. Watch and see how everyday purchases in Seattle suddenly increase in price as the employees working at those local business get paid higher wages and employers spike their prices to the end consumer to make up the difference. The result will be that actual revenue will drop because people that have the ability to shop elsewhere to take advantage of lower prices will. This localized increase in the cost of products usually impacts the lowest paid people the hardest since they are typically the least able to travel/move where costs are less.

So in summary, increasing the minimum wage to prop up lower class people also injures them by increasing cost of living in that geographical area. The middle class whom are typically the owners of local businesses have to make up the difference by charging more for their product/service or hiring fewer people which eliminates entry level positions for the lower class. The rich can afford to move/mitigate their costs by purchasing outside the geographical area. The only winners are the politicians that see a corresponding increase in tax dollars due to a greater number of dollars counted as taxable income.

Any liberal that thinks this is all a good idea is welcome to argue with the Business/Econ major that's studied these trends and currently works in Finance/Payroll.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Nothing good will come from this

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Your arguments are valid, for sure !

In the slavery days, the planters and southern farmers had the same arguments : free workers = low costs for products, so competitive prices for the population in the USA and Europe.

When slavery ended, prices were not competitive at all : no more cotton, no more sugar,...etc

I know I'm going too far with you ! The solution may not be to double the minimum wage, but small and regular increases are necessary.

The first thing I saw when I came to the USA in 1981 was the huge number of people living in the streets.

Nowadays things are even worst. In a rich country like this one, how can people accept that ? It's not a third country.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Notorious I'm copying the face palm in your profile pic right now.

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Your arguments are valid, for sure !

In the slavery days, the planters and southern farmers had the same arguments : free workers = low costs for products, so competitive prices for the population in the USA and Europe.

When slavery ended, prices were not competitive at all : no more cotton, no more sugar,...etc

I know I'm going too far with you ! The solution may not be to double the minimum wage, but small and regular increases are necessary.

The first thing I saw when I came to the USA in 1981 was the huge number of people living in the streets.

Nowadays things are even worst. In a rich country like this one, how can people accept that ? It's not a third country.

it's b/c in this country they all think that they are going to be millionaires and taxes are going to make everyone go broke. it's also from a lack of education about the laws that are being implemented. take a look at the Patriot act, so many people at the time of it being signed into law said it was a good idea b/c "it's going to protect our freedoms". now look at it, we live in a complete police state of big brother in everything we do.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

Our homeless rates have very little to do with wanting to work. Coming from someone who lived in his car, I can tell you that there are plenty of programs to get you on your feet if YOU want too.

So as it is now, we are at 8 bucks, going to 9. with talks to bring it up to 15. In my small little company, most of our staff makes 15 an hr currently. Sooooo does that mean when min goes up to 15, that I should bump my current employees up that same percentage? After all they are making a good amount over the min wage, so why should the continue to do the same hob they are now when they can go flip burgers for that same wage.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Honestly it's ridiculous, just like the recent "Mcdonalds" workers crying for $15/hr minimum wage. Hell... we have us EMT/Firefighters who are out saving lives/risking their lives every day... doing 24 hour shifts to top it off (Which believe me, is horrible. It is not like the occasional night where you stay up all night, you do it every third night of your life, not fun). And make on average nowhere near the wages that fast food employees think they should be making. That's just a quick comparison and my 2 cents.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived