Does anyone care about a daily GP'er anymore?

im tuned to 35 htz walled and daily it everyday. nothing close to the team asshole guys in my region though (155-160 db). i drive her everywhere... work, school, hangouts with friends... i dont listen to it cranked all the time but it is nice to be able to if and when i want.

and it only does about a 150. nothing special but i love it.

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

meh..i helped a buddy wall his trailblazer with 2 X 18s and its his daily.made to play low and demo.shit we drove over 4 hours to slamology just to give out demos.every show we take it to all we do is demo,haven't put it on the meter yet either..he's adding a 2nd alt to the mix here soon too..gets pretty nasty for what it is..

10357197_871273972900400_664081622697036

xbox 360 gamertag-greenrocks420

Not insulting you or anything, but did you just call us "bloody winging fairies" ?

I'm not building a number chaser in the truck, but I do feel lucky it's mostly a project/play toy vehicle for yrs. It hasn't been a daily driver for yrs. But I still rely on it when needed. My goal is to make it look good and have a good amount of bass.

Because I dont have to drive it daily, does it make it a non daily pounder? Back when I had a GSXR 750 I almost never drove the truck.

What is really the desctription of daily?

I drive my Blazer every day. Well, every day I can't ride the bike anyway. I've only seen a meter once, and that was just because I was curious. It's a hobby for me because I actually like to listen to music, not something I'm doing to please some microphone. Although I have used microphones, I've got a decent RTA on my phone (with a Dayton iMM-6 mic). Yep, I actually tune above my sub's LPF.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

What is really the desctription of daily?

Apparently it means playing 20hz sine waves. For me, there isn't one song I'd actually listen to that dips much below 40hz so I find that putting a lot of effort into low tuning is really wasted energy.... with the exception of watching movies in 5.1 surround I have no use for tuning much lower than 40. Then again, my definition of "music" is stuff I'd actually listen to in a set of earbuds if I were out working, through a stock system in a rental car, or at a concert.

Well... my team loves groundpounders but meters for fun.

4 18s 6th order (153 on like quarter power)

6 15s 6th order (mid build)

8 15s 4th order (waiting to be built)

4 15s wall (155)

4 15s wall (154)

3 15s wall (155 @ 29)

8 12s wall (160+)

This will basically be the jist of the team builds once a few are finished.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

i consider my self a daily. im happy as long as it playes 30hz -50 hz. thats my range. its jsut a bonus my peak is in the middle of that.

i drive my ass around with 10k behind me.

unfortunately i think its coming to a close.

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

My truck is walled with 4 18's and is my daily and work truck. I have two enclosed trailers I pull regularly and put about 40k miles a year on mine. Its about 12 inches behind the B pillar so I have as much room as anyone would need and can lean the seat way back if I'm just resting somewhere.

Nothing like a low tuned ground pounder. I build for sound first and if it does the numbers I want great, if not no biggie. No way I would do these small cab b pillar walls if it meant me eating the steering wheel. That would get old quick

2012 F250 Lariat 6.7, lifted on 22's and 35's

4 DSS Ethos 18's walled tuned low

2 Ampere Audio 7500.1's, Ampere 125.4

Rockford Pro Audio front stage

9 batteries, Mechman Elite 370 alt

Team DSS, Team Ampere Audio

2014 Meca Mod 3 TN State champ / 3rd place Mod 3 World Finals

32d73d87-e373-4a49-8914-d25decfa6dcc_zps

I always meter the explorer on 3 different frequencies whenever i change or work on it, that way, i can know for sure if it worked and didn´t lose the bandiwth i have right wich i love so much!! i meter at 25 , 40 and 55 hz ALL THE TIME :)

Yes, i love to compete also, i build burp cars just for spl and also daily cars for bass race, but i find si funny when people think that a higher number on the meter means they are louder than you, i mean come on people, my explorer only burps 155 with 8 15s right now, i´ve done that score on just 2 12s on a burp box , this means the 2 12s were as loud as the 8 15s???? fuck no!!!

There are also other people that think just because they get a great score on a frequency around 40 hz, they are louder than everyone else, i´ve built tons of boxes that are pretty much burp boxes peaking around 40 hz but having a very small bandwith, same thing that a burp box around 60 hz wich only plays loud 4-5 frequencies at the most.

In other words, just don´t pay too much attention to the meter man, i´m sure that´s the main reason why Steve built the tercel, the guy got tired of people bashing the tahoe saying it should burp higher and also wanted a better score on the meter.

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

I get what you are talking about in your original question.

To me, a loud daily or a ground pounder is more than a stock charging with batts or caps. Sure, these guys play their systems at meet ups and during the competitions, but everyone runs the fart classes (anything other than bass race or street beat). Everyone asks me what my peak is, and they look stunned when I tell them I have no clue. I've never done a sweep to find out. I only like running Street Beat because it is more fun in a competition to me. It's boring *to me* to pull up and go BRAP two or three times and say hey! there's my number. Much more fun to let her rip for 30 seconds at 150+. Then drive all the way home playing on the same equipment- without the smell of stinky coils.

...show I went to this past weekend- I sat in 3 cars that would crank it for 5 seconds and cut it back down because their coils got nasty. That isn't what it is about to me. I want it to be that loud and to stay that loud. Ground pounder for Life.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Archived