Facekicker's Walled Monte Carlo SS by XP Kustomz & Vapor Mania

There is a lot more in your car db wise with those woofers and amp especially since your willing to wall.

Im sure the system is rather flat right now and plays all frequencies nicely though!

Did pwk give you guys a response graph with the designs at all?

We just figured out that the wall is far from optimally sealed. There's no expanding foam or anything involved yet. I expect some pretty notable gains after we pull the baffle and put in work to get it sealed better. I can meter my trunk right now I think.

It certainly sounds amazing indeed, the subs are weapons I swear.

PWK did give me a response graph, I'll shoot it over to you to look at if ya want.

Oh, I got a bailout yesterday, not my phone so dont hate on quality :P

I know you were :)

I was there.

My car/build.

I kept peeling Kenny and Cam away from your EZ Up tent to help me iron out some amp issues.

When I came over to bullshit you and Kenny were pretty involved in something so I just sat and chatted with Cam.

I think I'm going to Boise on 23rd so maybe I'll see you there?

We're going to hang out at Fernandos tonight and then demo over at Freeport for a bit so holler if you're around.

Or did you go to Boise for this weekend?

edit: Is it the videos throwing you off? That's not me, that's Fred from XP Kustomz doing the videos lol Just realized I didn't make it very clear who is who. I'm the Jesus lookalike.

well fuck man !?

wish you would have slapped me or something... damn.

and im heading over to NANDO's in about 45mins see ya there mate.

Nice ass build build man! Your comentary during the build updates was off the wall, anything but boring! Glad to see it turn out so good!

So after this weekend I'm thinking that PWK tuned me too high.

I'm sort of locked into 45-50hz.

It's normal to want to rebuild 2 weeks after you do your first wall, right?

I just know I should be louder and I shouldn't be locked in to such a high freq bandwidth.

So after this weekend I'm thinking that PWK tuned me too high.

I'm sort of locked into 45-50hz.

It's normal to want to rebuild 2 weeks after you do your first wall, right?

I just know I should be louder and I shouldn't be locked in to such a high freq bandwidth.

I was going to suggest a rebuild, since you just had it built.

But since you brought it up first... :D

DO IT!

Im not entirely sure on the size you have avaible to use, or how many cubed each box is.

But you have a lot to gain imo with this gear. Easily should be in the 152-154db range depending on tuning, and your vehicles resonant frequency.

A bit more port area would help tremendously, and if you wanted to go lower on tuning you could do that as well.

Lowering tuning on the current setup would eat up more box volume which there dont seem much of to begin with, and could cause some drastic peaks in some frequencies.

Sealing the current setup off completely could also help you gain on the meter and change your response a bit too, but its also been able to hurt your score with some setups. I think Kyler battled this not just long ago, could be wrong though. Ideally you want to have it sealed off from the rear 100%.

The thing with Petes designs is they always seem to be decently loud and rather flat frequency response, some love the flat response others just want a low end 25-35hz monster and care less if they lose 1.5db at 45hz as long as they are louder on the lower end.

My buddy did his first wall build with 2 Ascendant Audio Mayhem 18s in an Oldsmobile. These woofers are a bit weaker than a Team Fi, but he is still doing 151.3db at 37hz when I metered him. Doors windows where closed, mic on the front windshield db drag style. The rest of his gear isnt nothing special, a single Sundown saz-3500 wired at .35ohms, 1 XS Power d3100 in the rear, and a D3400 under the hood. He is using a stock alt, miscellaneous scrap 1/0 power wire, and a Phase Linear flip out tv screen.

So like I said with the gear you have, there are a few decibels hiding around, you just have the joyful times of finding them.

If you do decide to tear it out and redo it anytime soon, I highly suggust doing an actual shell, multiple layers thick and strong instead of going the box route and sealing them off.

Theres a lot of people here willing to help, wish I wasnt so far away, but it seems like your somewhat local to kyler so that is a lead in the right direction if he is willing.

Yup,

he is way local.... we spent saturday night, with a bunch of Utah peeps. We hcad a great time, jammed out in the sticks, late into the night. Was a great great meet.

His build is really clean. We didnt get into the goods to much, but, i can run the AMM1 and the IMsg on his gear, and see exactly what is going on.

Im gonna take 3-4 cubes from my box, as well as get my power back, and get me back to a 55 at 36. Maybe a tick more. Well see.

But, BOTH of us, have some work to do....... never ending,... you know how it goes. ;)

Awesome Jason.. Can't wait to see rebuild results. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 55 with that equipment and power :)

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

I tried messaging Pete on FB but he is full of friends and likely will never see it. Wanted to ask him a few things about the boxes because I definitely don't have a flat response.

So yeah, I'm already making plans to rebuild - I feel kind of stuck where things are at now.

155 was/is the goal still.

Archived