Smoove Posted September 2, 2014 Report Posted September 2, 2014 All boxes and vehicles are not created equal. And we all dont have bdcp's or the tools to create a perfect boxWhat would you guys find as an acceptable rise? 2 Team Fi 15's v1 2 DD M5's 970amps of Alt 6th order blowthroughThe truck Blowthrough build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155555-smooves-1996-chevy-ext-cab-c1500-slow-build/The 350z build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170694-smooves-2003-nissan-350z/ My FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smooves-Car-Audio-and-performance/719746144805343 Team Fi Audio http://www.ficaraudio.com/
boom50cal Posted September 2, 2014 Report Posted September 2, 2014 at my vehicles peak of 41hz, I rise from being wired at 0.5 to 3.1 ohms. Unsure if voltage plays a key, but that causes me to put 840 watts into my sub at said frequency. Rising that high sucks ass, but I'm just gonna have to live with it. On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said: Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.
OrionStang Posted September 2, 2014 Report Posted September 2, 2014 at my vehicles peak of 41hz, I rise from being wired at 0.5 to 3.1 ohms. Unsure if voltage plays a key, but that causes me to put 840 watts into my sub at said frequency. Rising that high sucks ass, but I'm just gonna have to live with it. I bet my rise was way worse than that. No way I had almost no voltage drop on over 7k and my electrical the way it was. Stupid Mustang. Smoove, unless you are chasing tenths, don't even stress it. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Smoove Posted September 2, 2014 Author Report Posted September 2, 2014 I'm not chasing tenth's. Just wanna know what range people say "Fuck it" it's banging and move on.Amm-1 on my test amp went from 2 to 4. 2 Team Fi 15's v1 2 DD M5's 970amps of Alt 6th order blowthroughThe truck Blowthrough build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155555-smooves-1996-chevy-ext-cab-c1500-slow-build/The 350z build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170694-smooves-2003-nissan-350z/ My FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smooves-Car-Audio-and-performance/719746144805343 Team Fi Audio http://www.ficaraudio.com/
CleanSierra Posted September 2, 2014 Report Posted September 2, 2014 I'm interested for answers. I know some loud guys that aren't rising much at all. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
hispls Posted September 2, 2014 Report Posted September 2, 2014 If you're playing more than 1 frequency you should not even be thinking about this. The question alone shows that you really need to read up on what happens to impedance at different frequencies in a loudspeaker in and outside of a box/car/system.
Smoove Posted September 2, 2014 Author Report Posted September 2, 2014 I know impedance will change on different frequencies. I wanna know at what range people stop tuning and let wang. 2 Team Fi 15's v1 2 DD M5's 970amps of Alt 6th order blowthroughThe truck Blowthrough build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155555-smooves-1996-chevy-ext-cab-c1500-slow-build/The 350z build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170694-smooves-2003-nissan-350z/ My FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smooves-Car-Audio-and-performance/719746144805343 Team Fi Audio http://www.ficaraudio.com/
alaskanzx5 Posted September 2, 2014 Report Posted September 2, 2014 Imo build, build build then build again. Never look at box rise, its a never ending battle. Just because the amp likes the box doesn't mean the subwoofer will. Say you build a box that rises from 1ohm to 3ohms and the subs sound fantastic but build another box that only has rise to 1.7ohms and the subs just don't sound as good. Then what? You have a box that is good for the sub and one the amp likes. Which one are you going to use? I would pick the better sounding box, the hell with rise. t1500bdcp 2 t2d4 15" 1 t600.4 1 t400.2 1 set p1 tweets singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.
Ritch40 Posted September 2, 2014 Report Posted September 2, 2014 my current box rises from a wired 1.5 to 3.2......as others have said(and like i was told when i posed a similar question) if you arent chasing tenths i wouldnt worry about it at all unless you have some other issue going on such as a serious lack of spl or poor sound quality. i currently am chasing a serious lack of spl in my set up.
Kyblack76 Posted September 2, 2014 Report Posted September 2, 2014 IMsg showed a rise of around 1 to 1 1/2 times. Wired at .35, i stayed under one ohm between 28hz and 39hz. (was why my amps got hot and would thermal in a song, and why i could still pull 53's wired all the way up at 2.8, no shit) WICKED eff. Also showed why adding power did dick. (very little) You should speak with TFADE and those that go ham on everything their gear is doing. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.