143.5 legal, 1 sa-15 on 900 rms

Acheskie

Sorry to ask all these questions man, just stuff I don't understand. Can someone explain why music is different than a burp?

I get it if your system is made to be a burp machine, but why does it matter if it's a tone or a frequency from a song?

typically a burp is slightly louder than music usually somewhere around .5-1 db depends on how close the song can get to the actually peak frequency

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

So if I had a tone at my peak and a song at my peak, what would be the difference?

Voltage drop after the minimum music run (.30 secs) is usually the deal breaker so most people attribute a solid musical score to being .30 + seconds sealed on the dash. Burp is a .3 sec hit that you can use your peak freq and your voltage doesn't suffer as much.

His run wouldn't really be considered legal (aside from the fact that its sealed on the dash) since he used "altered" music. For the most part decaf and other altered music isn't accepted (which is hearsay I think it depends on the judge tbh) but OP dope ass score for sure man.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Audiocontrol doesn´t meter average, only peak , and yes, burp is louder than music on the meter 99% of the times, it´s weird you see someone doing the same score on music and burp, my explorer drops like .7 on music, swift drops almost a full db, i´ve had a couple of boxes doing same score though.

OP, the audiocontrol is pretty accurate if it has the sensor option, if it is only the old mic, then you can see 1-10 dbs difference depending on the mi calibration and how the knobs are set

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Any tips to increase this would be great! I drive an 03 chevy s10 extended cab and the box is 3.5 ft3 tuned to 35hz.

Make two separate enclosures. One for music and one for burps with about a 56 htz tune.

Hope this helps.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

• 4 weeks later...

I can testify that the ac meter does score higher the a termlab. 2 12s same voltage and weather both days. Did a 146 on the ac and a 143.? On a termlab. Ac was using the spl 190 MIC or something like that. Peak was between 44-46hz don't remember 1500.1bdcp.

Op post pics of your setup for more suggestions and specs on your box plus what kind of power and is your electrical stock? What was your voltage?

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Sorry to ask all these questions man, just stuff I don't understand. Can someone explain why music is different than a burp?

I get it if your system is made to be a burp machine, but why does it matter if it's a tone or a frequency from a song?

Using a tone typically will be louder on the meter than music.... though if you find the right "music" like a bass CD or some of this stuff that's "enhanced" or whatever, the difference is only a couple tenths.

Really people ask these things to get a point of reference. For example in most extended cab pickup trucks you'll gain 3-4dB by opening a door or window. Most vehicles meter higher on the floor than on the dash.

That SPL Gains thread already linked represents an awful lot of work done testing and compiling data and should be pinned and read by all who care about numbers IMO.

Archived