Was Kicker a good brand at one point?

Like other people said they have decent stuff but overpriced. Also the people who run them and claim they are top shit, ruin their image. I would maybe consider running their higher end stuff if it was cheaper but still at that point their stuff isn't crazy good or anything. From what I have heard though the old shit was great.

The motor of the solo x was badass. It sucks it was limited so much by the soft parts

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

I'm not impressed with their amplifiers, got to listen to them up at a bestbuy before they got rid of the big demo area they had... Alpine products there were clean and clear when comparing to kicker.

The Kicker CompR isn't a bad product in the right enclosure, but not as good as a lot of other brands at that price point.

Their door/deck speakers are not that great IMO.

Overall, they are over priced.

Judging something by hearing it at best buy is not even giving it a fair chance.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Good product that is overrated by the kids who claim to blow out their windshields.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

I'm not impressed with their amplifiers, got to listen to them up at a bestbuy before they got rid of the big demo area they had... Alpine products there were clean and clear when comparing to kicker.

The Kicker CompR isn't a bad product in the right enclosure, but not as good as a lot of other brands at that price point.

Their door/deck speakers are not that great IMO.

Overall, they are over priced.

Judging something by hearing it at best buy is not even giving it a fair chance.

It was a test on the mids and highs. It's not like a subwoofer test where it depends on the enclosure and area it's applied. The signal wasn't as clear as it's competition in the same settings.

You need to first consider what you are wanting out of a product before asking f they are good or not. I have worked with quite a few kicker builds that we'll exceeded their intended market program ;).

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

overpriced just means Dealer Protected. the forum guys say that about all the stuff they can't afford. they say that about Diamond Audio, MTX, Rockford Fosgate, etc.... Just look at how the this forum were such nut huggers on RF when Steve was still building his Tahoe. now RF is dealer protected so the forum now says their overpriced. strange how Sundown and DC just as expensive as MTX, RF, etc.. but yet they aren't overpriced?

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

I had two CVR 8s in high school and they sounded muddy as shit. I think most of their modern woofers are designed to be noisemakers and nothing more.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

Archived