Jhunt94 Posted October 13, 2014 Report Posted October 13, 2014 I posted this in the off topic section because even though it is about amps I didn't feel like it was a very on topic subject to take up place in the amp section. I was browsing through the threads, saw an old thread about water cooled subs, and it brought a question to my mind. If we have water cooled computers then why couldn't we make water cooled amps. I'm not sure if a company has already done this or if it has been tried and failed, but it was just an interesting thought to me. 2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside250 Mechman AlternatorSky High Car Audio Big 3 XS Power D3400Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kitRockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcpRockford Fosgate T400-4DC Audio Lvl 4 12"Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" componentRockford Fosgate Punch 6x8Pioneer AVH-P2300DVDSMD Volt Meter
Phaeton Posted October 13, 2014 Report Posted October 13, 2014 I posted this in the off topic section because even though it is about amps I didn't feel like it was a very on topic subject to take up place in the amp section. I was browsing through the threads, saw an old thread about water cooled subs, and it brought a question to my mind. If we have water cooled computers then why couldn't we make water cooled amps. I'm not sure if a company has already done this or if it has been tried and failed, but it was just an interesting thought to me. i was thinking the same thing. it would work if you dont have a lot of breathing space for amps. 1997 subaru legacy outback Four 15's in a almost wall Rockford Fosgate t2500-1bdcp Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on tweets Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on highs Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midrange Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midbass Optima Yellow top batteries 270A Singer alt (working on a bracket for a second) Lots of Second Skin
Jhunt94 Posted October 13, 2014 Author Report Posted October 13, 2014 I posted this in the off topic section because even though it is about amps I didn't feel like it was a very on topic subject to take up place in the amp section. I was browsing through the threads, saw an old thread about water cooled subs, and it brought a question to my mind. If we have water cooled computers then why couldn't we make water cooled amps. I'm not sure if a company has already done this or if it has been tried and failed, but it was just an interesting thought to me. i was thinking the same thing. it would work if you dont have a lot of breathing space for amps. Especially if you have to store the amps under a subwoofer box or panel where it's almost enclosed. I'm still not saying it would work, but I could see where it could have purpose. 2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside250 Mechman AlternatorSky High Car Audio Big 3 XS Power D3400Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kitRockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcpRockford Fosgate T400-4DC Audio Lvl 4 12"Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" componentRockford Fosgate Punch 6x8Pioneer AVH-P2300DVDSMD Volt Meter
tacomaguy1 Posted October 13, 2014 Report Posted October 13, 2014 Too expensive to design and produce Call up build shop and get an amp that's already proven or design and tool your own Idk anything about water cooling but you'd need reservoir,pumps,hoses Team Flex Issues
hoit Posted October 13, 2014 Report Posted October 13, 2014 didn't PPI have those liquid cooled amps in the early '90s? The art series I think? 2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan 2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm 2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank Singer 220 amp alt
kirill007 Posted October 13, 2014 Report Posted October 13, 2014 Sure they could do that, but why if proper designed air cooling works just as well? And you need more space for watercooling, a lot more costs and you would need to be able to service it after a few years. You could easily do it yourself if you wanted to (it'll cost a lot of money though). Thinking is the root of all problems... You ALWAYS get what you pay for.
never knows best Posted October 13, 2014 Report Posted October 13, 2014 here's some PPI goodness- http://webspace.webring.com/people/gl/liquidcooledneon/amps1.html
SIDE SHOW Posted October 14, 2014 Report Posted October 14, 2014 PPI watercooling kit for art series amp is for sale on the aussie ebay
mothra Posted October 14, 2014 Report Posted October 14, 2014 google Bazooka C.H.I.L if nothing changes, nothing changes You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.