I posted this in the off topic section because even though it is about amps I didn't feel like it was a very on topic subject to take up place in the amp section. I was browsing through the threads, saw an old thread about water cooled subs, and it brought a question to my mind. If we have water cooled computers then why couldn't we make water cooled amps. I'm not sure if a company has already done this or if it has been tried and failed, but it was just an interesting thought to me.

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

I posted this in the off topic section because even though it is about amps I didn't feel like it was a very on topic subject to take up place in the amp section. I was browsing through the threads, saw an old thread about water cooled subs, and it brought a question to my mind. If we have water cooled computers then why couldn't we make water cooled amps. I'm not sure if a company has already done this or if it has been tried and failed, but it was just an interesting thought to me.

i was thinking the same thing. it would work if you dont have a lot of breathing space for amps.

1997 subaru legacy outback

Four 15's in a almost wall

Rockford Fosgate t2500-1bdcp

Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on tweets
Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on highs
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midrange
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midbass

Optima Yellow top batteries
270A Singer alt (working on a bracket for a second) 
Lots of Second Skin

i was thinking the same thing. it would work if you dont have a lot of breathing space for amps.

Especially if you have to store the amps under a subwoofer box or panel where it's almost enclosed. I'm still not saying it would work, but I could see where it could have purpose.

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

didn't PPI have those liquid cooled amps in the early '90s? The art series I think?

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

Sure they could do that, but why if proper designed air cooling works just as well?

And you need more space for watercooling, a lot more costs and you would need to be able to service it after a few years.

You could easily do it yourself if you wanted to (it'll cost a lot of money though).

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Archived