Headunit Restarting Itself

inm

My Jensen VM9224BT will turn on, and be functional for about 10 seconds. After that, the screen will freeze, no buttons work, and then the unit will restart itself. Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot it, or should I just chalk to the old "don't buy cheap shit" method?

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

check for loose harness/wires/connections, check ground resistance, shorting wires. if its connected to factory radio ground, try a different grounding point.

^^ reset button according to http://voxrightnow.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12950/~/troubleshooting-the-jensen-vm9224bt-in-dash-dvd-player:

• Illegal operation - Press the RESET button located in the bottom left corner of the front panel

How old is the unit? I owned a couple Jensen in-dash multimedia units and installed a few for friends. For the money spent I thought they were outstanding value and performance. They didn't last that long before getting buggy and failing, but really 99% of the head units built today are meant to be disposable. I figure head units cost 200$ a year (I drive about 30,000 miles or more a year). A 200$ head unit will last a year, a 400$ one might last 2 years. Either will be obsolete in 3 if they do actually survive, so why even worry?

In short, if you got a couple years out of it IMO you totally got your money's worth.

I bought it a few months after buying my previous car, which was in Feb 2012. So it's been a little over 2 and a half years. I was about to upgrade to the App Radio 3 anyway, so I'm not too worried about it. I went ahead and threw the stock radio back in for now. I might try to fix this later, or sell it as is.

Thanks for the help guys

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

try this. disconnect any usb or ipod etc. see what happens. I had a corrupt file ona. thumb drive once that would do the same thing

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

• 2 weeks later...

try this. disconnect any usb or ipod etc. see what happens. I had a corrupt file ona. thumb drive once that would do the same thing

That is exactly what happened to my Kenwood. I had a usb full of music and had just added some one there and then it started to reset every three minutes or so. Ran it without the usb and it worked fine. So I cleared everything off and reformatted the usb and reinstalled all my music and bam! No more problems.

New build coming........

YouTube:http://www.youtube.c...6?feature=guide

Old Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d-on-the-cheap/

Old Screen name: Redrebel66

Archived