oil filters keeping that engine oil clean

I don't care what oil and oil filter manufacturer's say I've worked in oilchange shops and my brother has ran one for 10+ years oil doesn't last 10 or 15k and neither do the filters.

I change every 3k no matter what even in the vehicles I've had that I ran Mobil one and and a Mobil 1 oil filter.

Biggest thing people ignore is that 3k is stll the severe service recommendation no matter what you use and most people's cars would qualify under severe use.

My sister's 2010 Jetta Wolfsburg has a 10k mile oil change interval, blew my mind

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

take whatever I own to my dads dealership he manages service department for...

$40 later I get motorcraft oil, filter, and a tire rotation.

every 4k miles.

good note for you guys to remember, every hour of idling is roughly equal to 25 miles.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

synthetic oils lasts 10k.. it might be dark but its viscosity is still there. regular oils breaks down in 3k miles

Any oil you can buy synthetic or not will tell you to follow the manufacturer recommendation which for severe service is normally 3,000 miles and most people's cars would fall under severe service.

Try and prove me wrong.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Forgot about this thread. When I said lowest and highest, i mean't price.

Change every 3500mi or so, just did one a few days ago actually. Substituted some oil stabilizer that i do every other change.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Lets define clean for a second. In gas motors oil gets dirty as a function of dissolved hydrocarbons. No filter can remove those, think of it as a solvent of sorts. Clean means there are a minimum of undissolvable particles. In that sense, a filter with greater filtration efficiency will keep the oil cleaner, though it wont do much for color. Look up a double bypass filtration setup. The nicer ones filter in the 1 micron range vs. A conventional filter handling around 20 microns, with some of the nicer ones being 10 microns.

Beat bet as far as seeing differences in equipment are via a used oil analasys. It's like blood work for your car. It will tell you FAR more than the eye can see

FWIW I've seen great results with Redline oil, can of MoS2, and amsoil filters. Weight I'm using is 0w-30 (I'm a fan of 0w-XX oils) and changing it every 3.5k

synthetic oils lasts 10k.. it might be dark but its viscosity is still there. regular oils breaks down in 3k miles

Synthetica still shear down. Plus there's detergents like magnesium and calcium, PH (acidity). If you want to run your oil as long as possible UOAs are your friend. Be smart about it, I wouldn't suggest anyone blindly do 10k OCIs

Archived