People with big systems are assholes to people with smaller systems?

There are assholes at all levels, big system or small. Some people are just that way. I can be a straight dickhead if I don't like you (basically know-it-alls), but I'm always willing to show people how certain things are done if they are willing to learn.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

loud guys are GENERALLY the coolest ones to sit and bulllshit with.

Robert Spier is one of the most down to earth guys EVER. Walked up to him at TD to talk about his van, ended up chatting about bandpass's and blowthroughs for almost 30 minutes.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

So the consensus seems to be that veterans start out cool, then the noobs get offended because they feel you just talked down on their system even though you were as nice as possible in telling them their audiobahn amp with cool blue led flames probably doesn't really do 5K. Then the veterans get annoyed and end the conversation.

The L@zy Hoe

2005 Chevy Tahoe

2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s

Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works

The Build Log

Like Loud Bass? Click Here!

On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said:

See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on.

On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said:

I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!

I have rarely met a person with a big or small system that wasn't kind and friendly. All, and I do mean all, of the guys with the big systems I have went up and talked to were very friendly. People love it when you notice the time and effort they have put into their build and they love to talk about it and show it off. Hell I don't have a big system but I still love it when people come up and ask questions and talk about the Saturn.

It is those few that ruin it though. Some people are just assholes in general and they come in all shapes and sizes. Usually its those who are ignorant and think they are top dog.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

Every show I've ever been too I've met nothing but nice people, some people are just sensitive about everything.

I told some kid at Walmart one time not to waste his money on the audio gear there (I had a Rockford t-shirt on) and he looked at me and said I can't afford Rockford gear or anything better than this stuff so I said save up longer it will be worth it and in return he called me an asshole and said I was just trying to make fun of him for being broke.

His friend that was with him said dude I told you a bunch of times this stuff was junk and not to buy it.

Kid picked up the cheapest sub a prefab box and planned to power with his head unit.

I just walked away laughing.

I'm an asshole as well.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I don't think it has everything to do with the size of the system. It's more of how willing that person is to listen to what someone else has to say and research it and use that gained knowledge, compared to someone who doesn't want to listen to someone else's advice. What defines a big or small system? Total power driven? Or the number of drivers (components/tweets/subs)? You can have lots of drivers on small power and potentially be as loud as the opposite correct? While not everyone is capable of building their own setups, I've seen that it's typically who have no understanding of their system other than its what they bought and had a shop install it for them, are the ones who are usually assholes and think theirs is so much better. Just in my experience. You're more humble when you take the time to learn and put in your own work to make it look and sound good.

maybe its just who i hang out with.... :db:

the shows i go to... . the loud loud guys (162.2) Or the guy that just sits and does 599 demos all day (love you kev) as well as HELP HELP HELP...

meh.. they are cool as fuck.....

in my state.. (utah).. its the fucking small build no build retards that talk the most shit and contribute dick......

again... ill bet money its because where im from.... :unknw:

Nah its the same here its always the cocky no nothing punks that are douches to people.

or the ones blasting there shit at 3 am through my neighborhood.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

There are only a couple loud guys close to me. I don't want to mention names, but one of them is a strait up dick. The other is really cool. On the side of the assholes though, I can see how it would piss you off to have 100 people at a show stop and ask you the same retarded question that if they knew anything about audio they would know the answer to. A lot of the people who say that the louder guys are assholes are assholes themselves.

It makes sense. People who build their own shit tend to be more open to new ideas/concepts because they know the trial & error dynamic of car audio.

People who pay for loud (Or not loud most of the time) never have to deal with trial & error since someone did it for them so they have to maybe rationalize in their own minds that the gear that they bought is the best since they paid a lot for it and can't stand that the dude with the louder system just happens to have saved on install labor costs and bought better gear for less?

The L@zy Hoe

2005 Chevy Tahoe

2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s

Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works

The Build Log

Like Loud Bass? Click Here!

On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said:

See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on.

On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said:

I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!

Archived