People with big systems are assholes to people with smaller systems?

I have met assholes with small systems and assholes with large systems. Interesting thread, I like it, but I have no conclusive opinions as from my own experience some loud people will be nicer to you than your family, and some unloud mofo's who won't even acknowledge you, and vice versa....

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I will add that I have been slighted, cut off, and ignored almost exclusively by people who buy their systems. ...the ones that don't do a damn thing but show up at a store with a car and some cash- then drive away and turn the knobs to the right. Pretty much any bad experience with someone being a dick was because it was bought not built.

Almost all of the people that have built their own- no matter the size- are good to talk to. Strike that- Great to talk to.

I will tell you the guy who deserves the name Asshole though- the guy that comes to all the shows and talks shit about EVERYONE's ride and how he's got X, Y, & Z and would have smashed everyone IF he had just brought it... but doubles down on the asshole b/c he says the competition isn't even worth his time to get it out. I've seen 3 of those Assholes.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

On the whole I've met FAR more assholes in my days competing in sq (around.. 02-07ish) than I ever have at an spl meet. After getting back into audio I want nothing more than a nice daily system and look forward to going to the current meets

demo, demo for days. Doing runs is fun but it gets stressful.

Next build I do is gonna be daily driver, show up to a show and demo alll day long even though it's nothing big. Just sharing the hobby.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

I'm only an asshole too people that deserve it. If you say your 2 kickers are louder than me or that your sisters boyfriends uncle is louder than me I'm going to call you on it and be a dick about it

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

For the most part, everyone says I'm a cool guy... I am pushing a smaller setup compared to many so even though I'm running 4k, it's not hair trick crazy or nothing... but surprisingly during IFO, the first show I've put my car in, I received a lot of great feedback! People was in awe with the front stage and even had drew a small crowd for a little bit (even while my alternator was messing up on me). Actually was surprised I got a couple ppl to tense up :spiteful: (no bail out though)... But all in all, I don't think having a certain size system make ppl a dick, it's more than likely just that person!

2011 Nissan Altima aka Red Ruby

HEADUNIT: Pioneer AVH X2700BS

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-(2) Northstar SMS220 w/ Custom Terminals from 12V Metalworkz

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-(3) Sundown Audio SA REV2 12's

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

MISC (NON AUDIO RELATED):

-Interior & Exterior Lights LED

-Gloss Black Roof (PAINTED)

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-20" TSW Snettertons (20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear)

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

-Custom Painted Engine Covers

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

I think those in either the SPL or SQ category have some sort of bias for one another on some level. In general. I respect both, both take hard work. I'll be in the smaller setup category after this rebuild. I'm willing to bet I know just as much or more than most guys around here, but for some reason the meter is some dick-measuring scale to a lot of people, even if they don't compete. I mean really, what's one of the first question most people ask? "You meter it yet?" Like, no buddy, I don't really care. I can understand if you're competing and talking to someone who competes, but other than that, the question should be "how's it sound bro? Can I listen? Why did you choose this gear and location and crossover, etc., etc."

Sorry about the small rant lol. Most of the guys I've come across down here are respectful and know quite a bit, at least the ones at shows. Some dicks, but that comes with the territory. Although I will say, now that I think about it, every dude that was a dick had a big system. Not sure if that's because I've come across more that have big systems or not. That just hit me as I was typing this.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

great thread! as mentioned earlier, and earlier...assholes come from all walks of life! I fall into the mixed category...I have built things myself, and where my skill level or tool level falls off, I research around and have things built/modded for me. That being said...I have been around for a while in the industry, and am trying to learn as much as possible to minimize any kind of setbacks, frustrations, troubleshootings, etc. I believe with a good attitude and an open mind, all things great, rather big or small, will come to you! I don't compete, or ever plan to, but I have the most respect for those who do. I've never been metered, and I'm not sure if I want to... I enjoy this industry/life, and "it's not broken, so why try and fix it" is kinda my perspective. I've asked dumb questions, and been burned...I've failed to research myself, and been burned...but it has only strengthened my knowledge and hunger for growth! One love!

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

I think it's more of a clique thing. Like people who are loud hang out with other people whom are loud. Maybe people who aren't as loud feel unwelcomed or are given an univiting feeling when talking to people of these groups.

Current Build:

1999 Tahoe #ComingSoon

Previous Build(s):

Crossfire Magnum

5k Pontiac G6 GT

• 2 weeks later...

Archived