Professor's Double-Standard? What Do You Think?

And those options will greatly help your case..

Why should it matter what level the course is? You can't trust people no matter who they are.

The level shouldn't matter. But some of these instructors think their shit don't sink because they have a higher degree.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I hear that.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Why is it a matter of trust?

Only person he's hurting by missing part of the class is himself so if he missed something that he needed to know and it had an effect on his grade that's his problem.

She shouldn't be punishing a person for having to excuse themselves.

Do you get in trouble at work if you have to leave early for family/ medical reasons?

Pretty sure you don't.

He is an adult not a child and should be treated as such.

This is why I haven't gone to college, if the teachers are anything like the ones I had in high school I'll end up in jail.

with out a note leaving work even for emergency yes it counts against us its even the managers discretion to approve the note or not... .. my friend had a professor that if you miss more then 3 days a semester you fail his class..

Just because you wouldn't lie doesn't mean others wouldn't. If she let's you miss half of a class, for whatever reason and doesn't penalize you, she would have to do the same for everyone else. A Dr's excuse doesn't have to state your condition or diagnosis/prognosis but it removes any room for accusations of favoritism or others to lie.

The prego chick should have a note as well, and if she doesnt, that's bs. That said, her grade probably isn't your business just like your medical condition is none of hers.

Just my .02 brother

Only person he's hurting by missing part of the class is himself so if he missed something that he needed to know and it had an effect on his grade that's his problem.

Do you get in trouble at work if you have to leave early for family/ medical reasons?

Pretty sure you don't.

This is why I haven't gone to college, if the teachers are anything like the ones I had in high school I'll end up in jail.

with out a note leaving work even for emergency yes it counts against us its even the managers discretion to approve the note or not... .. my friend had a professor that if you miss more then 3 days a semester you fail his class..

Not one job ever have I been asked to prove it for having to leave early once.

If it was every day yeah I could see making someone prove it but one time in the year he's been in the class is bull shit.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Pretty sure you don't.

If it was every day yeah I could see making someone prove it but one time in the year he's been in the class is bull shit.

Im not saying it isnt b.s and our managers are cool about it and usually dont worry about it but we had one that was an ass.... and for a bad back in pain if it wasnt work related we would be pointed

i feel like i am in the twilight zone here. all he has to do is bring a doctor's note in. i have never been in a class where a professor just took the word of the student.

This is a Masters class. Why the fuck would I lie my way out of half a class period?

Bottom line is any condition I have is none of her business.

She'll get her note, along with my many other opinions.

I am one class away from my masters. It's not like I have no idea what you are going through.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Pretty sure you don't.

Same here. The only time I would ever need a dr. Note is if I were to miss more than two days in a row.

It's like rubbing your wiener up against a sheep.

Most of my professors pay no attention to if you are there or not. However the ones that do are usually teaching a discussion type class where student participation is a large part of the class. Unfortunately, except for my programming classes and split level classes, most of my classes are heavily based on student participation.

And to the point of the thread, why are we assuming the pregnant lady didn't have a note as well?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived