Second Skin Audio

8's or 10's.. Help me out!!

Alright guys I haven't kept up to date on the what all is out there and I need some help and advice of where to turn. I want two sub's most likely. I'm doing a center console build in a customers Chevy 2500 single cab. He has a "good"(his words) power acoustic 2200. So I'm looking at an RMS total of probably 1100-1300. Obviously not high power stuff. What all do you guys suggest? It'll be a ported or 4th order. I have yet to decide.

Thanks in advanced.

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

Can you fit a single 12"? An SA-12 will handle 1200 on the daily if you're careful. A single sub also comes well under your budget

There is no reason at all to use a bandpass box for a center console sub.

I'd figure out just exactly how much space you have to work with and then choose a number and size of subs that will fit well in that space and give you the most cone area.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

John, are you trying to do 2 subs or will just 1 work? If 2 then I would try a pair of Sound Qubed HDS310's which are $149 each. If you are planning on just one sub then I would rock a pair of American Bass XD 10's that only go for $118 a piece. If you step down to 8" subs then I would go with a pair of Sundown Audio SA8's and call it a day in the 8" woofer category.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Archived