Do you guys just keep paying tint tickets?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My truck is legal according to the state law ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

• 3 weeks later...

i have been pulled over for it multiple times but every time i only got a warning.

this was in houston tx.

B2 Zero.7r - Soundqubed 4-120 - Digital Designs 9918 - Rockford Fosgate T1 5.25" - Deh-80prs - XS Power D3400 XS Power XP3000 - Mechman 250A - Big3

Never got a ticket for any of my tint. Never got harassed either.

I am about to add 5% over top of the 20% privacy glass in my jeep. I am putting 35% on the front 2 because they check tint with a meter during state inspections here

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

My experience in VA is that if you have tint you're gonna get pulled over. That being said I have only lived in Northern VA where theres more cops than people. Soooo theres that.

I had 25% on my front windows in my truck and limo on the rear windows and back glass. I got pulled over three times...for tint...then they would measure my lift...and tell me I was speeding....(full disclosure it had the DUMBEST sticker on the back from a shop that I was friends with at the time...totally not worth it, just makes you a big ol' target IMHO)

So I don't run tint anymore, its just another thing for them to harrass you for. That being said I loved having tint so if you stay within the law they may pull you over for it but they won't ticket you. Be careful since your stock glass probably has some tint on it already, make sure you test it before so you make sure you're within the limit. And its different in VA for cars and trucks of course.

My experience in VA is that if you have tint you're gonna get pulled over. That being said I have only lived in Northern VA where theres more cops than people. Soooo theres that.

I had 25% on my front windows in my truck and limo on the rear windows and back glass. I got pulled over three times...for tint...then they would measure my lift...and tell me I was speeding....(full disclosure it had the DUMBEST sticker on the back from a shop that I was friends with at the time...totally not worth it, just makes you a big ol' target IMHO)

So I don't run tint anymore, its just another thing for them to harrass you for. That being said I loved having tint so if you stay within the law they may pull you over for it but they won't ticket you. Be careful since your stock glass probably has some tint on it already, make sure you test it before so you make sure you're within the limit. And its different in VA for cars and trucks of course.

I never had an issue in VA for the 12+ yrs I drove my cars there. Unless something has changed they aren't supposed to be able to pull you over for tint alone.

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Im in california.

I have limo, i roll my windows down near cops if i see them. When i get pulled over at night i immediatly turn on my interior lights & roll my windows down. If i get a ticket, (fix it ticket) i pay the fine remove the tint & get it put back on. Last two times i was pulled over were because the cops thought i was a possible DUI and i didn't get a ticket.

My Suburban got pulled over lots in my small town, I have 20% drivers, 5% everything else, and a low brow. peeled it once after about 3 weeks and 5 stops. although that could be just because it looks like a stereotypical "drug dealer" vehicle, Im always super respectful and cooperative with them when they pull me for anything, and to be honest thats half the battle. never got a ticket, but one officer warned me twice and said if he caught me again he would impound, that was enough for me to peel it.

fast forward 6 months, I moved to the city, got it put back on. I can play dumb to 1000 different cops, but you cant play dumb to the same one twice. haven't been bothered since.

Just for reference:

Screenshot_2015-10-05-12-40-27-1_zpsel3u

-If its loud, fast, outrageous, or all of the above, chances are i'll think its awesome.

-"No way he's OCD." -said none of the people that know me ever.

04' Suburban "Lucifer" A.K.A #Lucii (Under Construction)

4 10s on 4kW in 6cu net @~28hz

/////Alpine

Crescendo

KnuKoncepts

Optima

SHCA

Build Thread

92' JDM 325i "Stella" ~Going for sale to build a 350+hp E30~

Gutted pipes

96,000 OG KM's (59,000 mi)

-System Removed-

1 10 on 1kW

89' Gen 3 Honda Prelude SI AWS "Odis"

Bone Stock

Possibly going to stance it

I'm not peeling s thing

20140618_194804_zps0jrlbndt.jpg

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived